Ginger beer exploded

didorothy, Mar 25, 5:16am
HELP! How can I open the rest without losing it.Thought Id opened it slowly now spring cleaned kitchen from explosion.Got 1 glass out of 1.5 litrebottle.

mwood, Mar 25, 5:21am
Keep it chilled in the fridge. Take outside and put a tea towel over it and try opening it - if it works you are good to go - anything else the ginger beer has to go. The cause is excess fermentation after it was bottled - so let it ferment longer before bottling it in future.

tehenga288, Mar 25, 7:54am
Yep keep it really cold - should be a help . Just release cap a little bit at a time while outside !

macandrosie, Mar 25, 8:32am
I told my son to cautiously take the lid off our brew while sitting it in the kitchen sink. This did not work! It completely baptised the kitchen ceiling, light fittings & walls! Outside on the lawn is best!

harrislucinda, Mar 25, 8:56am
keepinfridgebeforeopeningThenreleasejustbitatatimemytake5minuntil allgascomesout

pickles7, Mar 25, 7:56pm
Lucky he did not loose an eye. Use plastic bottles, if they blow they are not as dangerous.

whitehead., Mar 26, 2:43am
dont use beer bottles as they shatter into small bits . it killed every bottle i had made and was very hard to clean up . ive just got to suggest ginger beer for my kids to look at the ceiling