PIZZA BASE

fiona26, Mar 26, 8:47pm
does anyone have a good pizza base recipe please.

feebee10, Mar 26, 9:16pm
I do mine in the bread maker, other wise just use a scone dough recipe.

ummok, Mar 26, 9:17pm
scone dough recipe and add some basil and parmesan cheese.

fiona26, Mar 26, 9:18pm
Have you got the recipe for the breakmaker please I got given a bread maker but no books or anything with it. Thank you.

stefanie, Mar 26, 9:27pm
Hi fiona, this is not necessarily for a bread maker but would probably work:
1 3/4 ts dry yeast or 15 g crumbled fresh
pinch sugar
335 mlwarm water
125 ml olive oil
500g plain flour, sifted
1 1/4 salt
Dissolve yeast, sugar and water until foamy (5 min). add everything else and knead on floured surface.
Let rise in a bowl,sealed with glad wrap (recipe ask for oiled dough and bowl.I don't do that) 1-2 hours. knock down and roll out (I rest again after topping and I don't measure ingredients, but this recipe is a good base).

feebee10, Mar 26, 9:29pm
290ml warm water
1/4c vege oil
1 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups high grade flour
2 1/12 teaspoon's of yeast
add all to bread pan adding yeast last, set to dough setting, when done roll out and add toppings

Bread maker recipe

fiona26, Mar 26, 9:30pm
Awesome they all sound yummy thank you :)

feebee10, Mar 26, 9:31pm
your welcome, from one Fiona to the other! LOL

fiona26, Mar 26, 9:36pm
LOL looking forward to trying it!

amazing_grace, Mar 26, 9:40pm
Do you know I make pizza all the time.But I dont rise for hours, knock down or anything and it works out beautiful.

My recipe.is something like this

Put 2 cups of warm water into a bowl.For every cup of water add 1t dried yeast.(not the instant breadmaker stuff).(If you are making lots of pizzas add more water.Each cup of water will take about 2c of flour.)

Add a splash of oil and a couple of teaspoons of sugar.Let the yeast froth (about 15mins)Mix up with a fork.Add your flour till you have a soft dough. Knead briefly.

Roll out into rounds and put onto baking trays.1 per tray.

Prepare your fillings.Put them on top.Bake about 15-20 mins in a hot oven

lindylambchops1, Mar 27, 8:37am
I add Italian type herbs (basil, marjoram, oregano, parsley) to my home made pizza base for extra taste.

r350t, Mar 27, 8:44am
Two cups of self raising flower one cup of plain yoghurt not sure who posted it first but a life saver at my house

ozkfxjoy, Jul 13, 5:48am
Pizza Hut Style Pizza Dough (Bread Machine) 6 servings 2bd hours 2 hours prep 1 1/3 cups water2 tepsaoons sugar1 1/4 tepsaoons salt2 tablespoons olive oil2 tablespoons cornmeal3 cups unbleached all purpose flour1 teaspoon baking powder1/4 teaspoon garlic powder1/4 teaspoon onion powder1/2 teaspoon msg (Accent*)1 1/2 tepsaoons bread machine yeast Add ingredients (except for cornmeal) to machine bread pan in order as per manufacturer's instructions.Set to "Dough" cycle.Lightly grease one 9 x 13-inch pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.When the dough cycle is complete, roll out dough and place in pan.Let rest in pans for 10-15 minutes.Add toppings of your choice.Bake at 350b0F until done (approximately 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of toppings).I make the pizza in 9 13 rectangular pans rather than the round pizza pans, because the squares pieces are easier to reheat and pack in school lunches. OR black-bean-pizza-dough recipe8 servings 1bc hours 1 hour prep 1 teaspoon active dry yeast2 cups bread flour1/4 teaspoon salt1/2 cup lukewarm water1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)1/4 cup pureed black beans (if use canned beans, rinse and drain first) Combine and knead all ingredients (I used my bread machine).Let rise 50-60 minutes.Roll dough on a cornmeal-covered counter.Place dough in pizza pan.For a thin, crispy crust, place toppings on dough and bake immediately.For a thicker, chewier crust, allow dough to rise 15-30 minutes before adding toppings.Place pizza on the bottom rack of oven (Preheated to 500 degrees) 5-10 minutes.We filled our pizzas with pizza sauce, rest of the black beans, tomatoes, zucchini, onions