Juicer Brand Advice

rreid, Mar 26, 9:49am
I would like to buy a juicer, but am not prepared to pay $2000 + for an Angel or a Norwalk. I am trying to decided between an Oscar or and Omega. Does anyone have any advice suggestions or another brand that is worth considering! TIA

cookessentials, Mar 26, 5:08pm
Both the oscar and omega are good machines. I have a Lexsun which is similar to the oscar. I paid $475 for mine.

rreid, Mar 26, 10:36pm
Thank you for your advice cookessentials.

cookessentials, Mar 26, 10:41pm
You are most welcome. Have a great Easter.

jennyp2, Mar 28, 7:49am
I have a Breville - used it every day for over 9 months now. I bought an Oscar recently - it works like a mincer but i only used it once as it was too slow ( for me anyway) and the pieces needed to be cut very very small. I'm used to whole carrots half apples,whole beetroots,whole oranges etc. My daughter now has it as she is more into that type of juicing whereas I wasn't worried

guest, Jan 11, 1:21pm
Short, sweet, to the point, FR-ExeEactly as information should be!

guest, Jan 13, 2:21pm
COOL! And good to know I can add that info to the blog post! I've been a big Beatles fan since I was 9, by the way. Congratulations, Lisa! All your hard work is coming ttheoger!

guest, Jan 14, 10:14am
I'll try to update this rveiew again after the holidays when we've had more time with the set. I purchased the 73 piece kitchen set from Learning Resources along with the 80 piece play food set from Learning Resources. This was to go with a KidKraft Deluxe Kitchen that Amazon had discounted down considerably. The giftee is a two-year old boy. As others have noted, the colors of the kitchen set are extremely vibrant, the plastic is not so thick to be chunky, and it looks pretty durable. It's an extremely cute, little kitchen set. The only thing that shocked me was the sizing scale used for the different pieces. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. For example: - The ice cream scooper and dessert dishes were a decent enough size that we could use them for every day use. They are probably correct portion size for adults. - The old-school juicer looks to be large and durable enough that an adult could also use it with small-to-medium oranges. - The largest plate was smaller than the palm of my hand (guessing 2 ). - The water pitcher is micro-sized comparatively and looks like it can hold 2 oz If you get the Learning Resources play food set to go with it, you'll discover that you can't actually put most of the food on the plates or in the pots. The hotdog, hamburger and pizza all seemed to take up at least 2-3 dinner plates from the kitchen set. The fake spaghetti was big enough that it didn't fit in my smallest saucepan, let alone my son's kitchen set.