Fruit loaves x 7

arden22, Mar 19, 3:22am
Years ago when I was a young mum and was always baking for cake stalls, school fairs etc. I had a great wee recipe that was measured and calculated just right for seven of those tinfoil loaf tins. Can't find the recipe. Does anyone have this one, please.

lurtz, Mar 19, 6:29am
Hi arden22, do you remember where the recipe came from!Was itfrom (for example),a Plunket or similar organisation recipe book!Did a friend or family member pass it on to you, or was it originally in anotherrecipe book or magazine!

If you can remember where you first sourced the recipe from,then maybe you can backtrack and find it, or the person who gave it to you. I hope this makes sense. Good luck!

lindylambchops1, Mar 19, 8:52am

arden22, Mar 19, 10:44pm
Thank you, lurtz but, no, I can't remember where it came from. However, I do remember that it was not passed on by a friend or family member. I'm now going to have a look at kidspot as recommended by lindy.

lindylambchops1, Mar 20, 1:19am
Do you think your Mum just found a nice fruit loaf & multiplied it by 7!Can you remember was the fruit soaked in anything like tea!Was it spicy!or plain!Maybe you watched her make them!I am intrigued now!

arden22, Mar 20, 8:50am
No, no, certainly not from my mother! I'm wondering if it could have been from any of those little books sometimes produced by school and organisations as fundraisers. I've had quite a few house moves and I'm a great one for "tidying up" so I think it must have been thrown out! Ah well, thanks for your help. I'll try to work something out - it was so useful! Thanks again.

lindylambchops1, Mar 20, 9:27am
OK I think you should have one more look, slowly go through the recipes, books or whatever.I have tried to Google for you but no luck.Was it a Rangiora book!Christchurch!Good luck!

fifie, Mar 21, 1:03am
Not sure what size your loaf tins are, if you google mini loaf tins you may find something like you are looking for.
http://clairekcreations.com/2012/09/madiera-loaf-cakes-with-lemon-icing/
I'd just make the recipe you want divide it between the little tins, bake around 170c and start checking for being done around 20 mins.

lindylambchops1, Mar 21, 11:23pm

pickles7, Mar 22, 4:40am
There could be something in the recipes for fifty.

http://www.angelfire.com/bc/incredible/Servesfiftyindex.html

arden22, Mar 23, 9:30am
Hi Linda. Thank you for taking the time to search. I have done Google searches to no avail. It wasn't in Rangiora or Christchurch - we were living in Auckland at the time.

arden22, Mar 23, 9:33am
Hi Fifie. They were not mini loaf tins. They were just tins that were smaller than the standard size. You can buy them in the supermarket - 3 in a pack. I'm going to try doubling the quantity for a normal size and dividing it into 3 to see how that works out.

lindylambchops1, Mar 23, 9:40am
MMmmmmm.OK.sorry I couldn't help.

lindylambchops1, Mar 23, 9:46am
Here is a Dame Alison Holst's Spicy Fruit loaf which makes 2

http://www.radionz.co.nz/genre/recipes/spicy-fruit-loaf

lindylambchops1, Mar 23, 9:56am
Oh this is interesting:

1963 kindergarten fundraiser recipe book in Tokoroa

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/recipes/633794/Baking-from-the-heart-recipe-Ginger-Kisses

Not the recipe but interesting reading!

lindylambchops1, Mar 24, 12:22am
Here is a loaf from A Good Spread Recipes from the kitchens of Rural Women of New Zealand
Fruit Loaf
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tspns baking pwdr
knob of butter (the size of an egg)
1 Tblspn Golden Syrup
1 cup milk
1 cup sultanas
Put flour, sugar & baking pwdr in a basin.Add melted buttersyrup.Mix with milk & add sultanas.Bake in a moderate oven.

Now times it by 7!

cookiebarrel, Mar 24, 5:06am
Interesting. I thought a knob of butter was actually a lot smaller than an egg. wonder what size egg they mean, more of a teaspoon size.No wonder many old recipes that people try don't turn out, as so many of their ingredients measurements are confusing.still love the old ones though.

truckstrains, Mar 24, 7:33am
was the recipe out of the fisher/pykel recipe book,that made lots of loaves,and every new fridge,freezer u got u got a recipe book with recipes that u can double eg banana cake goes--3loaf,or 2 square tins etc

arden22, Mar 25, 11:00pm
Hi again Lindy. I'll try that recipe but not until sometime after Easter. I'll let you know how it works out. I've also dug out an old favourite Allbran fruit loaf which I made last week and will try to do that in bulk.
Thank you for your ongoing interest.