Tried and tested pâté recipes?

-paradisefound-, Feb 15, 8:56am
Anyone make their own pâté!
I'd love you to share you recipes and tips.
Thanks.

carchic, Feb 15, 9:42am
I dont really have a recipe but I just add a small pottle from thebutcher of tegal chicken livers if they dont have the organic ones.
1 onion
few cloves of garlic
butter
cream
honey wild turkey
rosemary or tyme

Cook all in a fry pan

then i just blitz it then put into ramekins =o) Sorry not much help.

kamitchell, Feb 15, 10:30am
the edmonds cookbook is nice

lythande1, Feb 15, 7:06pm
1 pottle chicken livers
3 or 4 slices of bacon (don't cook to crispy)
1 large onion
2 bay leaves
2 tbsps brandy
4 or 5 tbsps red wine
pinch thyme
parsley
butter for frying - no, not margarine
1/2 small bottle cream

marinate livers in bay leaves, put the lot in a pan, fry till cooked, add wine to pan and deglaze, put the lot in the blender
Cook bacon and onion, put in blender
Add the rest of the ingredients, put into container and refrigerate until it sets

davidt4, Feb 15, 9:28pm
This is not as rich as most and makes a nice change.

Austrian Liver Pâté

225g free range chicken livers
small onion, finely chopped
50g butter
salt, pepper, paprika - big pinch each
mace, allspice - small pinch each
2 eggs
1 tab milk
1 tab brandy

Fry livers, onion and 25g butter gently until just stiffened, add seasonings.Add eggs beaten with milk, stir and leave to set.

Put into a food processor and whizz with 25g butter and brandy to a smooth paste.Check seasoning, spread into a container and chill.Or shape into a brick shape, wrap and chill.

vonkrum, Feb 16, 4:26am
davidt4, can you freeze pate! we love pate but would like to have some on hand but not to have to eat it all week.

davidt4, Feb 16, 4:52am
I have never frozen pâté or terrines and I suspect they would turn watery when thawed.A good pâté with plenty of fat will keep for at least a week in the fridge, usually longer.

nauru, Feb 16, 5:45am
Pate freezes well, I have done this quite often with both homemade and shop bought.

cookessentials, Feb 19, 2:00am
Do you just want meat pate recipes! I have been making a smoked roe pate for some twenty odd years and it is really nice.