$2.40 1kg flour,
$2.80, roll of ham n cheese lunchen
$1.80 bag of rice
$3.60 2x loafs of bread,
$2.80 5 x packs of 2 min noodles,
$2.20 1 ltr of milk,
$1.80 2x tins of baked beans homebrand

elliehen, Mar 2, 11:19pm
Perhaps an attempt to show that the day before payday, with just $20 in your purse, you can still eat!

flutterby08, Mar 2, 11:30pm
Perhaps that $20 should be worked into the food budget so that groceries only need to be done once! You save on petrol that way.

lilyfield, Mar 2, 11:39pm
2,20 for milk! Mine costs 99 cents.Powdered milk is quite acceptable on a budget
bread half price too when you make your own.
flour- I just bought today=1.40 kg
apples -1.99kg

twindizzy, Mar 3, 12:03am
Carb central

datoofairy, Mar 3, 12:51am
Well, #1, I think you did well.People are so quick to knock you down and find fault.
Obviously no one would shop like that every day or evenevery week, but for those times when money is very tight, you have shown that its possible to buy adequate food to last several days on what some people drink in coffee or smoke in a day.
Well done :o)

stylefusion, Mar 3, 2:42am
Personally, I save more money by doing smaller shops throughout the week (2-3 times). I plan the next 2 nights meals, write down the exact ingredients and buy only those which means there is no waste and I spend less. Supermarket is on the way home from work, so no extra spent on petrol. Plus veges don't seem to last in our fridge, so we always prefer to buy as fresh as possible.

Each shop I do costs anywhere from $10-15, multiplied by 5 cooked meals a week is anywhere from $50-$75 a week. A big shop I would easily spend over $130.