Does anyone get 'recipe' magazine?

purplegoanna, Apr 27, 3:50am
i had a quick squiz at paknsave at the yummy cheese scone topped chicken casserole and was after the recipe... pleease

cookessentials, Apr 27, 4:04am
No, sorry i dont. But here is the Chicken Fricasee recipe with the Kumara and orange scone on the top from Masterchef. It's pretty long.

Fricasseeand stock ingredients

5 chicken thighs,

Bone out and trim. . use the bone and trim for stock.

25gm butter to brown bones and trim

25g Mainland butter, for cooking chicken pieces in
3 carrots, sliced, reserve ends
1 onion, chopped, reserve ends
1 leek, sliced, reserve ends
1 celery stalk, sliced, leaves chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped,

Small handful thyme, chopped and sprig for stock
2 sprigs rosemary
1 Tbs tarragon, chopped and one sprig for stock
1 large bay leaf
For sauce

25gm butter, melted

1 heaped teaspoon mustard,

1 tablespoon cornflour,

1 tablespoon flourMilk and stock to make a medium consistency sauce around chicken, and vegs.

Orange Kumera Scone

1 large orange kumera
25g Mainland butter
1/3 cupmilk or so

1 cup plain flour

2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 egg yolk, beaten

Lemon butter
50g Mainland butter
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tsp honey

20 asparagus spears, to serve
1/2 cup cashews, roasted, chopped

1 Preheat the oven to 200 C.

2 Place the kumera on an oven tray and place in the oven to bake until tender. Discard the skin and mash. Or steam lightly , keep kumera dry. should be 1 cup mashed

3 De-bone 5 chicken thighs, cut into chunky pieces, set aside . Place the bones and trim into a saucepan pan to make stock, add Mainland butter and cook over a medium heat to brown, turning occasionally. Add the trim pieces of carrot, onion, leek, celeryand leaves and garlic , add some tarragon, thyme and rosemary, brown well then add 1 cup water or more, simmer for 40-50 minutes, then strain.

4 Heat another saucepan over medium heat, add Mainland butter and remaining chicken thigh pieces , stirring occasionally. Add the sliced carrot, onion and leek rings, cook, then add tarragon, bay leaf, rosemary and thyme and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Combine Mainland butter, corn flour, four and mustard in a medium bowl, add some strained stock and milk, mix well, then add to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper, simmer for another 10-15 minutes. I find I can do this all in the side of the pot chicken is in. . just move over meat and vegs and mix gently and then combine.

5 For the scone, place flour and baking powder in a bowl, using clean hands rub in the Mainland butter, add the kumera, cheese and parsley and combine with enough milk to make a soft dough. Lightly flour a flat surface and turn out dough, shape into a rectangle 8inch by 5 inch and roll lightly, cut into 5-6 rounds, about 1 inch thick.

6 Transfer the fricassee into a deep casserole dish and place scone dough on top, brush with egg yolk and cook for 20 minutes or until scone is cooked.

7 For the lemon butter sauce, place a saucepan over a medium heat, melt Mainland butter, add lemon juice, lime juice and honey, skim off froth.

8 Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, reduce to a simmer, place steamer over the saucepan, place asparagus into steamer and with lid on steam for 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is tender.

9 Serve the fricassee in portions with asparagus to the side, spoon over the lemon sauce and scatter with nuts

cookessentials, Apr 27, 4:05am
I dont see why you couldnt use boneless thighs for this.

st_allie, Apr 27, 4:09am
Offtopic. . sorry for hijacking. .

Have you noticed that the old foodtown magazine costs $6 -ish now, even with the onecard? It was free once upon a time

they have started a new free magazine at countdown/woolworths/foodtown. -
. soon to be rebranded Countdown.

Wonder if that magazine will be the new countdown mag?

purplegoanna, Apr 27, 5:03am
thanks but orange and kumara are huge no nos for me... . . im gonna go back and fork out for the book... . . it looked so devine... .

kimkat1, Apr 27, 7:07am
Do you still need it, i have it, , Will post it on here for ya if you still need it,

krazy_kat, Apr 27, 9:00am
If you email me I can email you the recipe back. evajohnston at hotmail dot com

macwood2, Apr 27, 11:02am
I would love a copy of this recipe if you can post it, please.

griffo4, Apr 27, 9:22pm
Cooks, l can't see the orange in the scones or is it the orange kumara they are using l didn't see the program?
l would love an orange and kumara scone recipe if someone could please post it TIA

purplegoanna, Apr 27, 10:03pm
thanks eva... . kimkat you may as well others may like it, i thought it looked devine... .

cookessentials, Apr 27, 11:36pm
Orange Kumera Scone

1 large orange kumera
25g Mainland butter
1/3 cup milk or so

Hi griffo, they are oranga kumara -even though i see they spelt it wrong.

griffo4, Apr 28, 12:58am
Thanks cooks but an orange added to the mix sounds nice as well
There is a recipe in the Foodtown mag that has kumara and orange soup which l am going to try when it is cooler and l am making the pumpkin and feta bake for dinner tonight and l have also made a roasted pumpkin and feta salad to use up the rest of the pumpkin

kimkat1, Apr 28, 1:33am
sorry was at work this morning, doing it now. . just a mo... Kim

kimkat1, Apr 28, 1:46am
Hope this works, there are some yummy recipes in this issue... . If not I will type it out for ya... xx

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/82/128547982_full. jp
g

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/63/128548363_full. jp
g

kimkat1, Apr 28, 1:56am
off to sort kids out for soccer soon, so if you need me to type it out I will be back later... .

kimkat1, Apr 28, 6:39am
bumping for the evenig...

kimkat1, Apr 28, 7:58pm
Last bump before work, I must have been to late... never mind, you won't be disappointed if you brought the book, its a good issue...

purplegoanna, Apr 28, 9:02pm
thankyou so much i can see it perfectly... .

kimkat1, Mar 14, 8:02am
No worries, glad you can see it... Anytime... Kim