Wanted recipe using a whole chicken (cold)

zharacadz, Mar 6, 12:20am
I have a left over cold rotisserie chicken that I would like to use for dinner tonight. Anyone have any lovely ideas!

davidt4, Mar 6, 12:54am
I made a lovely chicken salad last night, with chicken cooked with tarragon, fresh figs, toasted walnuts, lettuce and a balsamic vinegar vinaigrette.You coud use pre-cooked chicken I' m sure.

245sam, Mar 6, 12:55am
zharacadz, if it's as hot where you are as it is here I would serve the chicken cold with salad or vegetables; however if you really want to make something with the chicken, then you might like to try this favourite of ours for when we have cooked chicken to be used.

CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE CRUMBLE
This is an easy, can be prepared ahead, almost all-in-one meal and a good way of using up leftover cooked chicken.

2 cups (360g) chopped cooked chicken
500g frozen mixed vegetables
1 x 440g can condensed cream of asparagus soup (or other soup of choice)
2/3 cup stale breadcrumbs
½ cup grated tasty cheese
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Thaw the frozen vegetables and drain them to remove as much excess liquid as possible.
Combine the chicken, vegetables and soup in an 8 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley in a bowl, then sprinkle the mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
Bake at 180ºC for about 40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the crumble is heated through. Serve with e.g. baked potatoes or fresh bread.
Serves 4-5.
There is plenty of scope for variation on the above basic recipe - add e.g. sauteed onions or leeks, sauteed mushrooms, bacon. and, of course, vary the soup flavour according to personal preference and what is available. Because I was usually only needing to feed 3 people I served the Crumble as is without any extra vegetables, etc, but to provide more servings, serve it with additional vegetables, salad, potatoes. :-))

fifie (214 )1:34 pm, Fri 1 Mar #2