What is your favorite slice?

rozart, Mar 3, 3:14am
Trying to think what to bake to put in the kids lunch boxes. Have done the usual ones with weetbix and plain biscuit. Need some ideas.

angel404, Mar 3, 3:16am
I love choc peppermint slice :)

rozart, Mar 3, 3:19am
Will have to add peppermint essence to my shopping list for tomorrow.

rozart, Mar 3, 3:24am
Thanks adding the link. Yours sounds good.

vinee, Mar 3, 3:40am
My fav is ginger crunch, either regular or takaka.

I just made choc caramel slice.
I thought I'd try something new with the caramel, though. I got a tin of already carameled cond. milk and just stirred in some melted butter (about 30g) and a pinch of salt. I put that on the cooked base and returned to the oven for 5 mins. Cooled then iced. Heaps easier than cooking the caramel in a pot, it always sticks.
I like the sound of a crumble top, too.

kaddiew, Mar 3, 3:48am
For school lunch boxes I always did an easy (stir it all in one bowl,) and quick (bake 10 mins), chocolate fudge slice.

And yes, always with fruit and a sandwich.

angel404, Mar 3, 3:54am
For the kids lunchboxes i make muffins and then freeze them. When i do use them in their lunchboxes they are thawed by lunchtime.

rozart, Mar 3, 4:00am
I make muffins all the time so wanted something different. But good idea about freezing them.

sarahw2, Mar 3, 4:19am
Belgium slice.mmmm.I dont bake it though, just buy from the supermarket!

flower-child01, Mar 3, 9:14pm

bev00, Mar 12, 9:55am
COFFEE AND DATE SLICE

2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
175 grams melted butter
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped pitted dates
Coffee icing, to serve (see below)

Preheat the oven to 150C (130C fan forced). Grease and line the base and two sides of a 16 x 26 cm lamington pan.

In a bowl mix together all ingredients. Stir until well combined. Transfer to the pan. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until cooked.

Cool slice on wire rack. Top with coffee icing and allow to set before cutting the slice into squares to serve.

Coffee Icing - Sift 2 cups icing sugar mixture into a bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons boiling coffee with 1 tablespoon softened butter. Stir until combined.

shop-a-holic, Mar 12, 10:23am
Nanaimo Slice/Bar.

denzie, Mar 12, 6:06pm
My Kenwood cakemixer from the 80's has died. I need a replacement.I need something that will make a big Christmas cake, is easy to use, easy to clean, reliable like the Kenwood and something that will be used about once a week for baking.Is the Kitchen Aid all it is cracked up to be or is a new Kenwood the way to go!

lodgelocum, Mar 12, 6:27pm
Ginger Crunch and Louise Slice

willman, Mar 12, 7:07pm
I ( and maybe others,) would love to have this recipe,please.