Help with a healthy rice salad

mobylevi, Mar 13, 9:04am
Does anyone have an easy healthy rice salad recipe!

elliehen, Mar 13, 9:07am
The most quoted rice salad on Recipes :)

mobylevi, Mar 13, 9:13am
Thanks, this looks yum and most importantly easy

cookessentials, Mar 14, 10:53pm
I can vouch for the brown rice salad. i have had the pleasure of being served it by toadfish and it is delicious.

angel404, Mar 14, 11:44pm
Totes gonna have that rice salad for dinner. Sounds YUM!

red2, Mar 15, 2:36am
It is a great recipe !

bedazzledjewels, Mar 15, 2:47am
As soon as I saw this thread title I thought of Toadfish!

charlieb2, Mar 15, 4:09am
You are not the only one.

nfh1, Mar 15, 4:10am
Definitely not - I love this recipe.

elliehen, Mar 15, 4:17am
That happens when a product name becomes popular and then generic, as in hoovering the carpet.

Soon people will soon be saying we're having toadfish for tea tonight.

angel404, Mar 15, 7:26am
So I had this for dinner tonight. I added some of my homemade feta and added a mint dressing because I was eating it with lamb. Was delish!

toadfish, Mar 15, 8:09am
lol. I am waiting to go to someones place and them serve it up. calling it "Toadfishs Brown Rice Salad".
Will I admit to being Toadfish!mmmmm probably not. would be like umasking the cape crusader.
*Runs off to bed laughing*

toadfish, Mar 15, 8:10am
Did you do mint dressing instead of the recipes dressing or as well as. Recipe please. as I love mint with Lamb.

nfh1, Mar 15, 8:17am
LOL - I checked to see if you lived in Hawke's Bay!

You should get Royalties for this recipe.

elliehen, Mar 15, 9:31am
Before you chose the name toadfish, had you looked at the pictures!

http://tinyurl.com/aq4lmkw

angel404, Mar 15, 10:06am
Instead of. I cheated and warmed up some mint jelly and poured it over the portion I was eating. Husband hates any kinda of dressing so I have to do plain portions for him.

ETA that im going through a phase of mintness. So anything thats minty ill eat. Minties, mint sauce, peppermint slice, peppermint hot choc, peppermint old gold dark choc. YUM! I do have to refrain from eating all these unhealthy things but alas I still do love them (and everything in moderation ;).

wheelz, Mar 15, 10:09am
Huh! Royalties!
I've had this exact recipe for many years. Given to me by a friend, before TM was around.

nfh1, Mar 15, 10:22am
Oh OK, I have only seen it referred to as toadfish's recipe.

toadfish, Mar 15, 6:35pm
Sadly no royalties, I stumbled upon it years ago. I guess because I first posted it and reposted it that it was by association that it got its name.
I do have a Toadfish genuine white rice salad I invented.
About the name - when we first joined Trademe many many years ago we used my husbands nickname. If I thought for 1 second that people would know ME by itwould have chosen "Twinkles" or something nicer lol

cookessentials, Mar 15, 9:24pm
Mmm, "toadtwinkles" has a certain ring don't you think! LOL