Peppermint slice baked

badams1, Mar 10, 2:58am
Afternoon, ive spent an hour trying to find a recipe to no avail. Can someone put me out of my misery please.thanks in advance.

lx4000, Mar 10, 3:46am

lx4000, Mar 10, 3:48am

lx4000, Mar 10, 3:51am

bridget107, Mar 10, 3:54am

flower-child01, Mar 10, 4:00am
Sharing the love .

Choc Peppermint slice

150g Butter
115g sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
185g flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa

Beat butter and sugar, add egg, vanilla then sifted dry ingreds. Roll half onto tray.
Bake 180C 20 minutes.
Peppermint icing – mix softened 30 g butter, 3 drops peppermint extract (to taste), 2drops green food coloring, 1 1/2 cups icing sugar with boiling water or hot milk
Ice with a thin layer. Allow this to dry.
Once the peppermint icing is dry then ice with chocolate icing.
Cut into squares.

flower-child01, Mar 10, 4:10am
A further note, mine is an adaption of the normal recipe, the base is soft not crunchy, and slightly more chocolately. seriously loved by my family.

lodgelocum, Mar 10, 4:50am
That sounds really nice, will add it to my recipe file and have a go and make it. Yum, love peppermint.

badams1, Mar 10, 5:13am
Oh thank you so much. i do appreciate youre rescue. Why Edmonds dont have a recipe i dont understand.nor caramel square. These are staplesin most bakers tins.Come on ladies. put one in the oven youre families will love you for it.Im going to bake again now, then use as a trade.x

badams1, Mar 10, 5:23am
What a beauty recipe, go take a look.

kiwisapper, Mar 12, 8:20pm
A totally non related question, (Sorry) but I have been pondering for some time the meaning of your "swimming with the eels" thread in farming , all to no avail as your original post was removed.

Can you explain or even just the gist of it please!

What ever it was, however, the thread is still alive and well populated.

cookessentials, Mar 12, 8:49pm
This is a lovely one from the Australian Women's Weekly.

Chocolate Peppermint Slice

60g butter, softened
55g firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2tbsp caster sugar
2 tablespoons milk
110g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
pinch salt
300g icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons boiling water or hot milk
30g butter, softened
a few drops peppermint extract, or to taste
150g dark chocolate, melted
1/2 tsp vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Grease a 22cm springform cake tin.

Beat butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy. Stir in milk, flour, cocoa powder and salt.

Lightly grease hands and press mixture into base of prepared tin. Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven and cool in tin.

To make peppermint: using a wooden spoon beat the icing sugar with the water and butter until desired consistency is reached. Add peppermint extract to taste. Spread over cooled biscuit base and refrigerate until set.

Melt chocolate and stir in oil, spread thinly over peppermint. Refrigerate until set. Cut into thin wedges or squares to serve.

doree36, Mar 13, 4:01am
A Family Favourite- My "kids" now 54,47,45 ! used to call this slice "toothpaste Cake"Havent made it for years - this thread has givien me the motivation to make some - perhaps my 2 Great Grandies will enjoy it too !

vinee, Mar 14, 4:32am
http://www.raspberricupcakes.com/2011/05/mint-slice-cake.html here's a cool cake that looks like giant mint slice bikkie! She does a giant tim tam too. http://www.raspberricupcakes.com/2011/04/tim-tam-cake.html

badams1, Mar 15, 8:56am
Will do.

kiwisapper, Mar 15, 8:12pm
What Ho Badams, Thanks for the response, even 'tho I am no wiser.as is often the case nowadays :>)
I have not posted in your "eels" thread becauseI was uncertain of the theme. However as a we have sheep, beef, chickens and brown grass :>)I have been active in the FARMING thread for some years, just not your "eels"thread.

elliehen, Mar 15, 9:38pm
I've seen that too, kiwisapper, and assumed it was a pun on "Dancing with Wolves".There's a similar long-running thread with a quirky title in Books "b1anca wherefore art thou!"

On many of the messageboards there often seems to be a thread where friendlly like-minded people just hang out.Those threads are very user-friendly and trolls tend not go there because it's hard to troll among friendly chatty folk who are just hanging out together.

kiwisapper, Mar 16, 3:24am
Blimey, what next: " Boogeying with the buffaloes"!

The mind, well mine anyway, boggles.

kiwisapper, Mar 16, 3:25am
MOST excellent.

badams1, Mar 17, 1:48am
Happy St Patricks day all. Well i baked yesterday one peppermint slice.Perfect for today. And a caramel slice. Disapointed with the base Just too soft. I prefer something crunchier.However, they will get eaten. Reading a recipe on here, that included salted peanuts on top of the caramel. My next bake, i will give it a try.So with that, a nice cup of tea is in order. cheers.everyone enjoy your afternoon.