Edible icing images.do they taste very nice?

veggie-o, Feb 13, 2:15am
Thinking about using one of those pre-printed icing images and that are scanned form pictures/photos to go on a cake. but wondering if they taste good and what experiences others have had with using them.Recommend or not!! Thanks.

lodgelocum, Feb 13, 2:29am
In theory they are good, I got one made for my sons birthday cake of his racing car but I struggled to get it off the backing sheet so in the end, I trimmed and just placed the whole image, backing and all, on the cake, but made sure no-one ate any of the icing!The firm I got it from said it was the humidity but it was in August so tended to disagree with her.Didn't work for me.

just4jess, Feb 13, 2:44am
I have used them a few times from occassioncakes and they are great.Just pop them in the freezer(instructions say for how long) if you have trouble getting them off the paper.You can only taste the icing underneath really.

lucky1989, Feb 13, 9:38am
no dont taste good

sarahb5, Feb 14, 4:39am
They don't taste fantastic but since they're mostly for kids birthday cakes they don't seem to care what they taste like.They're so thin anyway by the time they're on top of an iced cake you probably don't get much of a taste.

angel404, Feb 14, 4:56am
They taste like stale icing i reckon lol.

veggie-o, Feb 20, 5:49pm
Thanks for all your responses. If I go ahead with using one I'll make sure there is plenty of other icing underneath to make a nice taste.

rarogal, Feb 21, 3:37am
My SIL had one on his large cake, different pics in a collage, it looked awesome, had no trouble applying and couldn't taste anything at all.