Left over gourmet potatoes

nettie14, Feb 11, 3:09am
I have a huge container of cooked gourmet potatoes - have had them fried for a couple of times - what to do with the rest!

245sam, Feb 11, 3:14am
nettie14, they would make a delicious potato salad.
A couple of times recently I have made Potato and Egg Salad with some lovely new potatoes that were needing to be used - a delicious accompaniment to a leafy green salad and cold meat, especially on these warm evenings.:-))

twindizzy, Feb 11, 3:18am
garlic and herb butter wrapped in tinfoil.

iman007, Feb 11, 3:23am
chip them and pan fry in oil with couple teaspoons turmeric and teaspoon rosemary,, yummy man! Nice yella chips!

mumstu, Feb 11, 6:09am
Make a frittata and add the potatoes chopped and peas and grated carrot or whatever you fancy.

245sam, Feb 11, 7:51pm
nettie14, what have you done with those potatoes!

If you want/need it I can give you the recipe for the Potato and Egg Salad that I mentioned at #2.

I have another suggestion too because I have just remembered a now-late elderly friend telling me that she bought the large (catering-size) cans of baby potatoes when they were being 'specialed' really cheaply.Knowing that there was only the two of them but they were involved in various community organisations, I asked her what she used them fori.e. just for the two of them or was there a special occasion that she was providing for!"No", she said "they're just for the two of us and I freeze them in meal-sized lots - they're a whole lot easier than scraping new season's potatoes", so maybe that's another option for you nettie14 - freeze those lovely gourmet potatoes to be enjoyed when new potatoes are no longer available.:-))

cookessentials, Feb 11, 9:26pm
smashed potatoes.

cookessentials, Feb 11, 9:36pm
I have bumped up the potatoes thread for you OP