any1 got a recipe for making ginger bread men??

tigga212, Apr 26, 5:42am
thinking about making ginger bread men tommorrow for da kid's for something to do ive never made them b4 ive gotta ginger brd man cutter & lot's of diff ingrediant's, thanx to any1 who can help me out

hezwez, Apr 26, 5:47am
"This is the one I use and I double it for 25 gingerbread men"
(Posted by opawa21 in December)
100g butter 225g sugar
250g flour 1 egg
1 Tbsp Golden syrup
1tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground ginger
Preheat oven to 170c cream butter and sugar, add egg and syrup beat again then add the sifted dry ingredients roll out on floured bench use cutter for men and bake for 10-12 min
I push M&Ms for eyes and buttons directly in uncooked mix they set on the biscuit saves time with icing. good luck

elliehen, Apr 26, 5:47am
Recipe from TM's brianmac/cookessentials:
GINGERBREAD MEN
125g butter
½ cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground ginger
2½ tbsp golden syrup
currants; glace cherries; assorted sweets

Warm golden syrup in a small heatproof bowl over hot water to soften syrup.
Cream the butter and sugar until creamy, add the egg yolk and beat well. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and the warmed syrup. Mix well. Knead the mixture lightly on a floured board, then either cut a gingerbread man shape out of cardboard and use it as a guide or use cutters – the trimmings can be used for hats. Place the gingerbread men on lightly greased trays and press on currants for eyes and cherry pieces for noses.
Bake at 180°C-190°C for 15 minutes. Cool on trays. When cold, decorate with coloured sweets for mouth and buttons, secured with a little royal icing.

tigga212, Apr 26, 5:48am
Thanx Pep's awsum!

deus701, Mar 5, 4:18pm
I have two that I use. . but I guess you won't want them as they take 5 days for the dough to ripen. Worth the wait for some.