Sulphite free wine

angel404, Feb 10, 3:02am
Is there such a thing!

frances1266, Feb 10, 3:18am
Havent really looked but maybe organic wine is.I am sure I have read that some wines have less sulphites, possibly Merlot has less.You would need to check that out though.

byhutch, Feb 10, 3:58am
Hi, yes you can buy sulphite preservative free wine. I can't have anything with preservatives in it. I buy it from our local vineyard who imports it from Australia. The brand is Temple Bruer and they make white as well as red. If you google it you may find out the supliers in New Zealand. Banrock station also makes it(Also an Australian brand) but I have not been able to source this brand for a while, I'm pretty sure it is not imported into New Zealand any more, I used to get it at our local Supermarket, depending on where you are you may still be able to buy it. As far as I know they only produce white wine.It is a major problem getting preservative free products. It is important to note that not all organic wines are preservative free and will still have sulphites, so if you have allergies you need to be carefull to check the label does say "preservative free". Hope this helps.

twindizzy, Feb 10, 4:15am
Crushpad wines use minimalist intervention (less hangovers/less preservatives as they market it).

The Sav is delish !

angel404, Feb 10, 4:49am
Banrock station wine in general has sulfites in it though doesn't it! So they maybe have a wine with preservatives. mmmmm ill look into that.

shop-a-holic, Feb 10, 9:14am
Vynfields from Martinborough is also organic. Terrific Riesling.

susieq9, Feb 11, 12:17am
Urlar wines are organic and from Masterton. Great Savi.