Cold smoked salmon.

aurora5, Feb 6, 2:18am
I have been given some but it's way too rich for me.I prefer the hot smoked salmon.Any ideas on what I can use the untouched piece that I have left!I can give it away but thought that there might just be some ideas out there that I can use and we can eat it ourselves.Thanks

karenz, Feb 6, 2:23am
Incorporate it into a Frittata, maybe with some chopped avocado as well.

245sam, Feb 6, 2:37am
aurora5, do you think that you would find the salmon too rich if you mixed it through cooked pasta!
We occasionally have a green vegetable (peas, beans, grated courgette.) and strips of cold smoked salmon + freshly ground black pepper, and sometimes pesto, tossed through freshly cooked pasta, then topped with a sprinkling of freshly grated parmesan cheese.It's quick, easy and we certainly don't find the 50g (approximately) of salmon per serving rich when mixed with the pasta and vegetables.

Hope that helps.:-))

mss2006, Feb 6, 2:52am
Blend it with cream cheese, pinch of salt and squeeze of lemon juice and make a sandwich or cracker spread.

nauru, Feb 6, 3:18am
Great in a quiche with spring onions, grated cheese, grated zucchini and red pepper. Also good on a creamy sauce with pasta.

red2, Feb 6, 11:31pm
Yes this so nice !

uli, Feb 6, 11:35pm
Slice cucumbers into rounds, top with sour cream or cream cheese and top with a slice of salmon and some fresh dill.

Perfect entree for guests or easy lunch for the family with some bread.

aurora5, Feb 7, 2:26am
Some great ideas there.Think that I will do the quiche as I have been thinking of using all our zucchini in one.Like the spread idea as well! Many thanks to all.

sultana0, Feb 10, 9:36am
Nuke it

rainrain1, Feb 10, 7:21pm
Salmon Sandwich Filling or just for spreading on crackers.

Salmon
1 container cream cheese
250 grams grated tasty cheese
Juice of a lemon or lime
A handful of fresh dill
Put all of the ingredients into the food processor and pulsed until it reached a desirable consistency.

Nice made with a tin of salmon too