Recipes for chesecake

justiyah, Jan 27, 9:42am
My son loves the cheesecake from the supermarket, the strawberry and passionfruit one. Would any one have a good recipe for these flavours please.

gardie, Jan 27, 6:53pm
There are heaps of recipes on here for cheesecakes which you will find my using the search function on the left.Change the date to last year and you will find plenty of them.You will probably have to do some flavour adjustments to get just what you want though but this is easy once you have the basics of cheesecake making.If you are talking about the frozen ones with the fruity toppings on, you could just make a plain cheesecake and then make a topping.I'd be inclined to use half a pack of jelly and add the fruit to it - mushed up strawberries or passionfruit pulp.

sclaredy_cat, Jan 27, 8:01pm
I made one yesterday - it's one of my newfound favourite recipes.

Baked Cheesecake

Make base by crushing a packet of biscuits, any flavour you like, and mixing in 100 g melted butter. Press into tin; either base and sides of a 20cm springform tin, or just the base of a 18x25cmlamington tin.
Place in fridge while making filling.

Beat 750g cream cheese with 1 c sugar until smooth. Add 4 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Pour carefullyinto cold biscuit shell and bake at 150c for about 35 minutes until set.

Fora supermarket style topping, warm 1 jar of jam and stir in 1 tsp gelatine dissolved in a little water. Pour this over cooled cheesecake and put in fridge to set. I make mine the day before.

Enjoy :)

kiwiscrapper1, Jan 27, 8:41pm
I made the one off the griffins sight the base is krispie biscuits and the cheese cake has pineapple in it, not a fan of pineapple but it was devine. I doubled it as we were having a big crown and there wassome left over which lasted about 3 days after, even fussy grandson loved it. no baking required.

nzhel, Jan 28, 9:26am
I found this recipe on the Griffins site and made it today. We were very disappointed with it - found it very bland and tasteless. Not one I will be repeating!

245sam, Jan 28, 10:34am
justiyah, here's a recipe that I can assure you is "a good recipe" and IMO it would be a suitable 'basic' cheesecake to top as suggested above (#2 and #3) - it's the recipe that I used for my first ever attempt at making a cheesecake [a very successful one it was too, even if I do say so myself ;-)) ] .

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE - always popular whenever I make it so I hope you will try it and enjoy it too.
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too. :-))