How do i make rice pudding?

dottee, Jan 13, 9:14am
How do i make rice pudding!

harrislucinda, Jan 13, 9:23am
eitherin theovenorslowcooker
600mlsmilk25 gm sugar2 tlbsp ricecook2hrs inslowoven
but ifdoing in aslowcookerputwaterinthecookerfirstthena coveredbowlthiswaymakesit niceandfluffy

245sam, Jan 13, 9:26am
dottee, for cooking the rice pudding do you want to steam it, oven-bake it, microwave it or cook it in a crock-pot/slow cooker!and do you want to make it with or without eggs!

We normally use only green-top milk but after having visitors we had dark blue and light blue-top milk plus some cream that needed to be used so we had a nice creamy steamed rice pudding - it took quite a long time to cook but the wait was worth it.I used ¼ cup short/medium-grain rice and I think I had about2½-3 cups in total of the milks and cream.I cooked it in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, then to sweeten the pudding I topped it with sweetened condensed milk - it's only a very rare treat made and served that way so we really enjoyed it.

I hope that helps.:-))

gilligee, Jan 13, 9:06pm
Or you can simmer it in a saucepan on the stove.

kassie48, Jan 14, 12:11am
Creamier if you add a tin of Carnation Full Cream Milk & stir in near the end of cooking.

margyr, Jan 14, 2:52am
use aboria rice makes it really yummy.

juliette55, Jan 14, 9:42pm
Hi, I make Grandma's rice pudding recipe which is:
Boil 4tblspn rice in 3 cups boiling water for 20 mins (until all water absorbed).
Add 1cup sugar & 1 pint milk (I use 3 cups of milk, otherwise to dry) Place in oven dish and cook 2 hours - 180 c.Enjoy.

yelreveb, Jan 15, 1:55am
I add tin peaches and sprinkle nutmeg on top to give it nice brown crust. I also use about 4 beaten eggs to make it set nicely. Slowly bake it in oven.