pear and almond flan

kiwiscrapper1, Apr 25, 5:28am
I had a recipe and now cant find it, its pastry at the bottom and then a creamy spongy sort of filling with ground almonds and then sliced pear on top before cooking, just bought a bag of pears and this instantly came to mind... anyone have one please.

hezwez, Apr 25, 5:38am
From google:
Almond Pear Flan
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
1 Basic Large Pastry Flan Case, uncooked
75 g unsalted (sweet) butter, softened
75 g caster (superfine) sugar

75 g ground almonds
25 g plain (all-purpose) flour

1 egg, beaten
I egg yolk
2 ripe pears, peeled and evenly sliced

30 ml apricot jam (conserve)

15 ml/1 tbsp water

Method:

Chill the uncooked flan case (pie shell) while preparing the filling. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the ground almonds, flour, beaten egg and egg yolk. Turn into the flan case and level with a spatula. Arrange the pear slices attractively over, pressing them down lightly. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 for 45—50 minutes until the flan is golden and firm to the touch. Heat the jam and water in a saucepan, stirring with a wooden spoon. Sieve (strain) over the flan and brush all over the surface to glaze. Serve warm.

245sam, Apr 25, 8:42am
kiwiscrapper1, here's the link to the recipe as used by NZWW Food Editor Helen Jackson when she appeared on Good Morning last Monday morning:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/helen-jackson-s-pear-recipes-
19-april-3469272

seniorbones, Apr 28, 10:08am
thankyou, thats where I got the idea from when I saw her make it. Do you think it could be made friday night to serve saturday? thanks

245sam, Apr 28, 10:33am
seniorbones, I don't know for sure so I'm guessing when I say that I would think that the tart should be ok if you make it ahead of time - the fruit is not on the pastry itself so therefore it won't make the pastry go soggy and neither IMO should the franipane filling.

Sorry I can't give you a more definite answer - maybe someone else can but if you do make the tart ahead I'm sure that I would not be alone in being interested to know how you found the tart to be when served. :-))

cookessentials, Mar 13, 2:57pm
I am going to make one this weekend from Ross Dobsons "Casual Entertaining" - it is a pear, almond and mascarpone tart.