My dumb question fo the day is,

falconhell2002, Jan 5, 6:45am
what is the difference between lemon honey and lemon curd!IS lemon curd tarter!If I was making lemon tarts which would I use! Thanks heaps.

falconhell2002, Jan 5, 6:47am
Argh cant edit heading. for not fo.But you knew that aye!

245sam, Jan 5, 7:06am
falconhell2002, IMO they're one and the same.:-))

falconhell2002, Jan 5, 7:20am
Thanks heaps 245sam . There are so many recipes around for it, you don't happen to have one that you use do you!Also could I make it with duck eggs!

245sam, Jan 5, 7:53am
I make lemon honey/curd in the microwave, and as for using duck eggs.I'm not sure, I have never had access to duck eggs so I certainly don't have any experience from having used duck eggs to make anything - hopefully someone else can advise you re that.Here's the recipe I use for.

LEMON HONEY[microwaved]
75g butter
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 large eggs, beaten

Put the butter, sugar, rind and juice into a little jug and cook on HIGH/100% power for 1-2 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved.Mix and gradually add to beaten eggs, stirring well.Return the mixture to the jug and cook on MEDIUM/50% power, stirring every minute until the mixture thickens, 3-5 minutes.The mixture will thicken more as it cools.Store in the refrigerator.

I also have the following recipe but have not tried this one.
LEMON HONEY (using left-over egg yolks)
1 cup sugar
100g butter
grated rind of 1 lemon
juice of 3 lemons
1 egg+3 egg yolks

Cook by the same method as above.:-))

falconhell2002, Jan 5, 7:55am
Thanks again.

gardie, Jan 5, 7:58am
Yes to the duck eggs although you'll have to allow for the fact that they are a lot larger when working out quantities.Duck eggs are so creamy - they will make lovely lemon curd.

falconhell2002, Jan 5, 8:02am
Thanks gardie, great timing I was just about to start and just use normal eggs.Off I go fingers crossed it works out and we can have yummy lemon tarts of afternoon tea tomorrow.