Cooking whole chicken, what to rub on it?

neenee141, Apr 24, 11:05pm
Im at a loss as to what I can rub on whole chicken for cooking. What herbs etc are yummy? Thanks :)

jmonster, Apr 24, 11:15pm
I like to mix up
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup melted butter
lemon juice and finely grated rind from 1 and 1/2 lemons
1 1/2 tsp oregano
drizzle this over for a kind of Greek flavour.

xtine17, Apr 25, 1:12am
lemon, salt, pepper, sage, garlic (whole in the skin in the pan)... yummmmmmmmmmmmy

fisher, Apr 25, 1:44am
"soften" some butter and mix in some lemon zest, fine chopped tarragon, (or sage if you dont have it) a little salt and white pepper. . Lift the skin up off the chicken and press this butter mix under the skin, then squeezing the outside to spread it evenly. . now grab a bunch of parsley from the garden and stuff this into the cavity with segments of the zested lemon. . drizzle the outside with olive oil , salt and white pepper and any leftover herbs... and into the oven...

beaker59, Apr 25, 2:27am
Chicken is nice because it can accept most herbs but I always tend to use sage as a start and garlic but then I always use garlic. Sage goes well with pork too.

kabbo, Apr 25, 6:17am
quite often i just sprinkle on m*sterf00ds "roast chicken seasoning", its a little bit spicy and very tasty on chicken. i do this with chicken pieces too.

cookessentials, Apr 25, 6:54am
If you are not stuffing it, pop a lemon or two up its bum,

margyr, Apr 25, 6:56am
or an onion up its bum is nice too;)

red2, Mar 4, 11:05am
I have several favs - lemon pepper seasoning , fresh herbs or chilli and line seasoning . Just depends what I am serving it with