Whats the secret with pork loin chops?

datoofairy, Dec 27, 3:10am
I usually only buy pork shoulder chops but somehow I've ended up with loin chops.I dont usually buy the loin chops as I find no matter what I do they end up dry and tough.
Whats the secret to having the crackle on them crunchy but the meat moist and tender!I dont want to casserole them or add any marinades or anything at all, I just want to fry/grill/bake the chops plain.
Which is the best way! Is it better to cook them quickly on a high heat, or slowly on a lower heat!

lythande1, Dec 27, 3:37am
LOL.cut rind off, casserole chops, cook rind separate on a tray.

porka1, Dec 27, 7:20am
3 minutes on each side and 3 minutes rest
http://www.extraordinarykitchen.co.nz/

esther-anne, Dec 27, 8:54am
I do what lythande does-cut off the rind, chop into small pieces, into a very hot oven on a tray - and luscious crisp crackling!

wheelz, Dec 27, 6:34pm
Are not loin chops cook fast, like a steak! So they are moist and tender! I prefer shoulder, tastier and better suited to longer cooking.

eljayv, Dec 28, 3:26am
Remove rind and brown in hot pan both sides quickly then into oven 180dg for 8 min

jhan, Dec 28, 5:24am
Really simple. Cut up onion and apple, heat frypan (which has a lid) to high, put in a bit of oil and brown the chops, don't leave them in to cook fully, just brown them. Take them out. Put the apple and onion slices into the pan and brown them, add a bit of oil if the pan is too dry. When this is wilted, mix in a dessertspoon full of flour, salt and pepper, then hot water to make a gravey, put the chops back in and turn the element down. Cook for 10 minutes or depending on how thick the chops were cut, maybe 5 minutes to finish off the cooking in the gravey.

jhan, Dec 28, 5:24am
Really simple. Cut up onion and apple, heat frypan (which has a lid) to high, put in a bit of oil and brown the chops, don't leave them in to cook fully, just brown them. Take them out. Put the apple and onion slices into the pan and brown them, add a bit of oil if the pan is too dry. When this is wilted, mix in a dessertspoon full of flour, salt and pepper, then hot water to make a gravey, put the chops back in and turn the element down. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on or depending on how thick the chops were cut, maybe 5 minutes to finish off the cooking in the gravey. Don't over cook them, remember they are still cooking after you take them out to serve.

diamond-fan, Dec 28, 5:39am
Flour, egg and breadcrumb them, they will be melt in the mouth tender on the inside and deliciously crunchy on the outside.

wheelz, Dec 28, 5:47am
I wonder if using yoghurt or buttermilk, instead of eggs, then crumbing in panko ,would make them moister! As you do chicken tenders!!

kiwibubbles, Dec 28, 8:10pm
this is what i usually do with them and they are yum

taurushat, Dec 28, 10:00pm
I brown them both sides then slowly braise them in small amount of water for about 10 mins.They are always moist and tender.