Left over xmas ham

salbey1, Dec 26, 3:23am
What shall I do with the rest of it! and theres still heaps left.The kids are over having ham with everything,and if I don't do something with it soon it will go off.Does it freeze ok! any suggestions!

chatsmom, Dec 26, 3:29am
What about making some pies & quiches with the ham and then freezing them!

vintagekitty, Dec 26, 3:29am
Well I suggested the child tape some over his body and let the dog chase him, but he would not have a bar of it. Lazy child.

Sorry, we are not that sick of it yet, so its fried ham, ham sandwiches,ham & salad, quiche, ham & eggs etc etc

vintagekitty, Dec 26, 3:29am
Well I suggested the child tape some over his body and let the dog chase him, but he would not have a bar of it. Lazy child.

Sorry, we are not that sick of it yet, so its fried ham, ham sandwiches,ham & salad, quiche, ham & eggs etc etc. I freeze it, but it's watery when defrosted

rainrain1, Dec 26, 3:41am
Slice some off for ham steaks and freeze

snipper, Dec 27, 7:32am
If you freeze it , great for soup in the winter months , I chop it up now pop into takeaway trays ,then it's all ready to go for pea and ham soup

nik12, Dec 27, 9:23am
I've often frozen it. try and cut of either slices, or chunks that will be easy to slice.It sometimes does go a bit watery though.

clevercloggs, Dec 27, 9:02pm
My mum made fritters out of everything and that's what I do now. Ham and sweet corn fritters will be a great dinner idea.

mitsi110, Dec 27, 10:10pm
I madea cheese sauce (with some paprika, chicken stock and curry powder) with onions, garlic and cooked spinach, corn & broccoli and chopped up ham in it last night. Poured it over noodles but any pasta would be good. Yum

tjman, Dec 27, 10:23pm
Croquet monsiuer.

tjman, Dec 27, 10:26pm
You counld cut into chunks, place on skweres with ,pinapple, mushrooms and capsicum and cook on the bbq,basting with a little soy sauce pineapple juice

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 27, 11:53pm
Cheese and Ham toasted sandwich with french mustard.yum, off to make lunch.

We had a 9.2kg organic delcious ham and have at least 1/2 left it will still keep at least 2 weeks in a ham bag otherwise I will freeze it.

gaspodetwd, Dec 28, 4:01am
We are having pizza for tea - ham and mushroom and a meat lovers - homemade. With salad. The kids are excited. It's just fancy leftovers.

We also do ham and eggs for breakfast - it cuts thickly and fries in a pan.

Quiche Lorraine. Chicken and ham pie. Slice thinly and fast fry for pasta carbonara.

dennyr, Dec 29, 12:49am
I chop the left over ham into smallcubes and freeze it. I use it for savouries and putting on pizzas.

rosel4, Dec 29, 7:08am
Ham Salad for any left over Christmas Ham so here's a great way to use some of it up:

6 cups ham, coarsely ground
4 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
1 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.

Make sandwiches or serve with crackers.

This makes a large bowl of salad and keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.

Recipe can be cut in half. Enjoy!