Cranberry juice punch

raewyn64, Dec 19, 3:14am
Hi
Has anyone got a non-alcoholic punch recipe which uses cranberry juice (because I have some) and is also low in sugar for diabetics - (they are only watching food intake, not having to use insulin etc)!
Thanks so much

hesian, Dec 19, 10:44am
I am always fiddling with fruit type cocktails.I have used cranberry juice with lemonade and soda and squirts of lemon juice (lime would also works).I buy the bottles of juice in the baking section of the supermarket.

We dont like super sweet drinks so less lemonade (and I use diet anyway)and more soda.So this might be suitable for a diabetic. I dont keep a measurement record so of course different every time.

Can dress up the cocktail with ice cubes, mint leaves etc etc if making it up for an occasion.

raewyn64, Dec 19, 9:27pm
Thanks Hesian - good tip about the lime and lemon juice :)

sarahb5, Dec 20, 12:42am
Cranberry juice works well with grapefruit so maybe a non-alcoholic Seabreeze (my Christmas cocktail of choice) - 3 parts cranberry juice, 1 part pink grapefruit juice and topped up with diet lemonade, tonic water or just soda water and a slice of lime.You can freeze the lime slices into ice cubes which looks funky too.

raewyn64, Dec 20, 8:13am
thanks sarahb5 that sounds good too :)