I'm after your best recipes, I did buy and Frescarini Wine and bacon (I think) sauce but dont have to use that
Jul 31, 11:57pm
I use this basic Food in a Minute recipe and add pan fried scallops. You can change the peas for fresh zuchini or broccoli. Use light evaporated milk instead of cream if that suits you better.
* 4 rashers bacon, trimmed of rind * 2 tbsps oil * 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped * 1/2 cup chicken stock * 1/2 cup cream * 1 cup Wattie's Baby Garden Peas * 400g pkt fresh egg fettucini pasta * 1/2 cup grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
1. Finely slice or dice the bacon. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onions and bacon. Cook over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the onion and bacon are soft and lightly coloured but not burnt.
2. Add the chicken stock, cream and Wattie’s Baby Peas and simmer ever so gently for about 5 minutes while cooking the pasta.
3. Have a large saucepan full of boiling water and add the salt. Add the fresh fettucini pasta and stir well with a spoon or fork to separated the pasta strips. Boil rapidly for 4-5 minutes until the pasta is cooked. Drain well and return tho the saucepan.
4. Pour over the hot sauce and sprinkle over the Parmesan or cheddar cheese. Ladle quickly onto pasta bowls to serve.
Serve with crusty bread and a tomato salad if wished.
Since the public registrations are closed, you must have an invite from a current member to be able to register and post in this thread.
Have an account? Login here.