Bought Pavlova

tuscany9, Dec 18, 3:24am
Has anyone ever bought a pavlova which was ok once cream, berries etc were on it.Any particular one better than the rest!Alternatively an easy recipe.Have to take this pav. on 3hr trip xmas day.Have made the xmas pudding which was a breeze but oddlycant find a recipe for pav in my books.Thanks for any help.

di18, Dec 18, 3:43am
I have tried Cowells pav which was nice,can buy at Countdown or New World

nzhel, Dec 18, 3:45am
Cowells every time.

tjman, Dec 18, 3:46am
I always buy cowells, it's also holds scoops of icecream, baileys , blueberrries and flaked almonds.

wheelz, Dec 18, 3:59am
I find all bought pavstoo sweet, cowells included. Home made anyday.

sarahb5, Dec 18, 4:27am
Not sure I can be bothered with the stress of making the perfect pav for Christmas but everyone here loves the Cowells one anyway.I don't put cream on mine though - just fruit - as Mr 18 doesn't like cream and it's easy enough for the rest of us to add it if we want to.

fifie, Dec 18, 9:42am
Buy a Cowells one cream and decorate it when you get there.

vinee, Dec 18, 9:54pm
They're not crunchy though.buy some small meringues to put on top - best of both worlds!

tuscany9, Dec 18, 10:45pm
Thanks a lot.Cowells it is!Have a happy Xmas and lots of yummy food.

jhan, Dec 18, 11:16pm
I usually buy one but this year I got a six egg recipe off this site and it was so easy to make and just wonderful.

sarahb5, Dec 18, 11:45pm
Please share - mine always go flump - taste great but look terrible!

flier3, Dec 19, 3:08am
pavlova.large
you put everything in the bowl, beat for 15 minutes.
easiest pav. you will ever make.
Beat until thick and smooth .approx 15 mins
6 egg whites,
3 Cups Icing Sugar,
2 teaspoons Cornflour,
2 teaspoons White Vinegar,
add 2 Tablespoons Boiling water.,
Pile onto a baking Paper lined oven tray
Cook for 3 minutes at 200 degrees C, then turn down and cook a further
1 1/2 hours at 100 degrees C.
(Leave in oven to cool)

(I just found this in the Search section.Thanks to OP)

tuitui5, Dec 20, 3:41am
Excuse me! Made this pav last night. 3 cups of icing sugar! NO WAY! What a waste of eggs etc. Hideously sweet, and didn't rise.

beerlady, Dec 20, 7:42pm
Just made the Edmonds Magic Pavlova which is in the shape of an egg and can be purchased from New World. All you do is add 130 g sugar and 140 g water,beat and cook for an hour and has a beautiful marshmallow filling with a thin crust.So easy and reliable.

jaygee1962, Dec 20, 8:00pm
This is the recipe I've been using for years.Never fails.

6 egg whites
1 3/4 cups caster sugar
1 tsp malt vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp boiling water
Preheat oven to 100 C. Place all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 15 minutes until smooth, glossy and when you rub a little mixture between your thumb and index finger you cannot feel grains of sugar.
Draw a 24 cm circle on a sheet of baking paper – easiest to draw round the edge of a cake pan.Place the baking paper on an oven tray and pile the mixture into the circle, smoothing edges.Bake for 1 1/4 hours and then turn off the oven and allow to sit in the oven with the door closed for at least another hour or until the oven is cold.

holly-rocks, Dec 20, 9:55pm
Nothings full proof unfortunately. Why be a grumpy face over 3 cups of sugar! You read the recipie before starting yeah! Of corset its going to be sweet, its 3 cups of icing sugar LOL