I have been buying little dew peppers stuffed with

vintagekitty, Dec 15, 10:20pm
cream cheese from my deli, but they are so expensive. Is there a tinned version available, that I can stuff myself!

nfh1, Dec 15, 10:41pm
I buy bottled ones either from the supermarket or from a Mediterranean food or Deli store, such as Vetro.

vintagekitty, Dec 15, 11:04pm
oh yes, I shall look, thankyou. They are my new fav thing and paying $8 for 5 is working out costly!

nfh1, Dec 15, 11:06pm
Yes, that is exactly why I started buying the bottled ones!I love them.

antoniab, Dec 15, 11:26pm
Yep I buy the huge jars from Gilmours (about $8-$10 I think from memory) and stuff with a mix of feta and cream cheese.

vintagekitty, Dec 15, 11:33pm
can anyone buy from Gilmours!

antoniab, Dec 15, 11:39pm
You need a card but anyone can get one now, it used to be just businesses I think

antoniab, Dec 15, 11:41pm
Its so much cheaper - (for many things anyway) I make my own muesli so buy 2kg bags of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, linseeds etc etc

vintagekitty, Dec 15, 11:43pm
we dont have gilmours down here :(

mjhdeal, Dec 15, 11:55pm
I bought some yesterday; (small) jar of peppers from countdown just over $5, same aisle as the gherkins, olives, etc.

elliehen, Dec 16, 2:17am
You might need to reword that, vintagekitty ;)Sounds as though you're setting out to make a little piggy of yourself.

punkinthefirst, Dec 16, 8:42am
They're called Pepperdews. Come already stuffed in a jar of olive oil. VERY yummy. BUT.make sure you get them out of the jar with a clean spoon, because you can introduce "bugs " to the jar so easily, and make them go sour.

millseys, Dec 16, 8:45am
You can get jars from normal supermarkets. I have purchased from countdown and have seen at pak n save

cookessentials, Dec 16, 9:01am
Jars at Moore Wilson from Lepanto which I think were around $13 for a 700g jar.

nfh1, Dec 16, 9:05am
I have not seen them stuffed in oil, the ones I get are unstuffed in 'water' - delicious!

bellter, Dec 17, 2:13am
Hi - in Countdown they are brand named peppadew (correct spelling) so will come in a search ($6.29/400gm) , not stuffed, and you can stuff your own, we use small cubes of feta - yum! and dress with a dash of pesto for Christmas colours - disappear very quickly. Enjoy!