Mouse vrs Oven need fruitcake help

misskittydragon, Dec 13, 5:49am
I have just received word that the oven is reparable but may not be usable. The electrician has now also found that the speed of the fan is only going about half speed. They dont have parts for it and need to get them down.

Sooooooo I was wondering has anyone here cooked thier fruit cake in a bench top oven and how it came out.Any tips would be gratefully received.

I am purchasing a Breville The Toast and Roast BOV550 modelafter great reviews on the messageboard. I am looking at also trying to use it to cook my other baking as well. I have been without an oven for about a month or so.

gardie, Dec 13, 5:22pm
Long and slow will do the trick.I'd probably cover the outside of the tine with tinfoil to protect ita bit from the heat when the thermostat clicks in and out.This is because the element is much closer to the cake because the oven is smaller. Hope that makes sense.

arabelle, Dec 13, 5:28pm
dont use tinfoil, use baking paper or brown paper [not touching the element] tinfoil will burn the cake more. and yes to the low and slow. I do most of my cooking in a mini oven, I do find that the elements dont cook evenly so turn stuff every 15min. but thats mine. so cant help you about the model you are thinking of getting

misskittydragon, Dec 14, 7:12am
thank you so much for your help gardie and arabelle. I will remember to add the baking paper.