Glazing for my Christmas Ham

supanan4, Dec 7, 9:44pm
Can you please help me- I had a recipe for glazing my ham, using crushed pineapple, mustard, brown sugaretc - but I have mislaid it - this topping went crunching and was so delicious.

firemansgirl, Dec 7, 10:00pm
BAKED HAM WITH PINEAPPLE GLAZE

1 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. cornflour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 can crushed pineapple
1 tbsp. mustard
2 tbsp. lemon juice
whole cloves, as many as needed
Place ham fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Remove skin and excess fat. Score fat surface lightly, cutting diamond shapes. Place a clove in the center of each diamond. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, pineapple (with juice), mustard and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove ham from oven. Brush glaze over ham and return to oven for 1/2 hour. Reserve some of the glaze to serve on the side. Before slicing ham, remove cloves.

firemansgirl, Dec 7, 10:00pm
BAKED HAM WITH PINEAPPLE GLAZE

1 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. cornflour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 can crushed pineapple
1 tbsp. mustard
2 tbsp. lemon juice
whole cloves, as many as needed
Place ham fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Remove skin and excess fat. Score fat surface lightly, cutting diamond shapes. Place a clove in the center of each diamond. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, pineapple (with juice), mustard and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove ham from oven. Brush glaze over ham and return to oven for 1/2 hour. Reserve some of the glaze to serve on the side. Before slicing ham, remove cloves.

Have done this one, it's very nice :-)

imn, Dec 16, 1:00am
bumping this as have a question. when #2 says cook for hour & half,is this for raw ham or cooked one bought from supermarket! 1st Time doing one this year & need to get it right.

edlin, Dec 16, 1:52am
I glaze a cooked ham at 160 for 20 mins per kilo.I am lazy and just stud with whole cloves and cover with brown sugar and keep basting with pineapple juice