Gordon Ramsay Christmas Cookalong

carlosjackal, Dec 4, 6:05pm
I watched this last night on Prime and it was excellent and took note of a few different things he did - in particular the way he roasted potatoes.

He par boiled them, then seasoned them and then sprinkled semolina over them before roasting them in goose fat. He was asked what the difference between duck and goose fat was and he said that a goose was bigger - I took it that he meant there was more, but no difference in the taste.

Off to get some duck fat today.I saw some recently - imported from France and it was around $35.00 for about a 250ml jar! - I think I'll be buying local!

Did anyone else watch this programme last night!

lodgelocum, Dec 4, 6:31pm
Dam, no missed it, I normally watch his Christmas cooking special, I do enjoy them.

kaddiew, Dec 4, 7:29pm
I watched it and the food looked great, but I got irritated by all the minor celeb juggling he had to do during the cooking. He spent much of the time herding the celebs and seemed to have a load of very nervous patter going on, as if unused to having to do friendly/polite small talk. Actually think The Hoff (god help me) was more entertaining.

jayjay54, Dec 4, 8:02pm
sorry to ckange subject Does anyone remember the recipe Ramsey did a year or two ago using left over xmas cake!I have lost mine

nfh1, Dec 4, 8:34pm
I gave up with it, the celebrity bit seemed to take precedence overany cooking.

mwood, Dec 4, 9:02pm
Same - and was not Impressed with the stuffing in the tin !