Dinner for 4 tomorrow night

vomo2, Nov 28, 8:26pm
Anyone any ideas what I could do for a dinner for 4 adults tomorrow night! I had in mind fish with salad, maybe scallops for starters. I would welcome any easy recipes for sauces to go with both.

mackenzie2, Nov 28, 8:29pm
Confirm with your guests first if they like seafood. Or that would be a disaster!
If I am ever serving fish the only "Sauces" I would add would be butter, S & P and lemon. Do not want to disguise the fish, Have a great evening

vomo2, Nov 28, 8:33pm
Thanks mackenzie, I did check and as it happens Im the only one who loathes seafood but can eat fish. So I will sit out the starters! I had in mind a lemon sauce, do you know a recipe for this!

mackenzie2, Nov 28, 11:53pm
I would just fry your fish in butter, then add lemon juice and pepper just before I removed it from the pan, so not really a sauce as such, but the combination of butter, lemon S & P and fish juice is devine

245sam, Nov 29, 1:30am
vomo2, try this.

It's sooo easy, can be prepared ahead, looks after itself while it cooks and doesn't need a sauce - just some lemon wedges.Providing it is not overcooked the fish is nice and moist but is tasty with a nicely flavoured crumb coating. It's lovely served with salad and/or vegetables.My fish of preference for this is my favourite, gurnard, but any other similar fish would be ok.

LEMON CRUMBED FISH
Flour, egg and crumb the fish using the following mix for the crumb coating:-
to
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (i.e. not dried) add
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley and 1 tsp grated lemon rind

This is best done well ahead of time and then refrigerated to allow the coating to set.Place the crumbed fish in a lightly greased/oiled ovenproof dish and bake in the oven.Serve with lemon wedges.

Hope that helps.:-))

vomo2, Nov 30, 1:42am
Looks great 245 sam, I think I could cook it on oiled baking paper rather than in a dish! Thanks to you both for answering.

vomo2, Nov 30, 9:21am
Dinner went off well, thanks everyone.