What pork cut to use & who has a stuffing recipe?

donna23, Nov 22, 9:55pm
I want to do a roast pork with stuffing for a small dinner party, what is the best cut to order from butcher (boned) and does anyone have a nice 'christmassy" stuffing for the pork, thanks

kinna54, Nov 22, 10:47pm
A lot of the butchers will do it for you.and to a good recipe. I have had marvellous service from Mad Butcher, who has done a traditional sage and apple stuffing, and also have had it done at Prestons and New World (although New World really stung the price for it,) Mad Butcher did it for me at the "on special" price. They did a shoulder, and the meat was beautifully sweet and tender, although normally they would probably do a leg.
An apple and herb bread based stuffing is nice (and suits most people's taste) or an apricot and brandy stuffing.
Also try google, there are lots of nice recipes there.

fisherlures, Nov 23, 3:27am
Melt oil and butter and pan fry 2-3 rashers of bacon until crisp.Remove bacon and cut up into fine pieces and set aside .
Add 1 med diced onion to pan and cook till transparent. Add finely chopped fresh sage, salt and pepper and one cup ofbread crumbs. Mix well.
Mix in 1/2 cup diced dried prunes and 1 diced granny smith apple and stir for a minute or two. Return bacon bits and mix in.
Set aside to cool and stuff a pork cavity just before placing into oven.