Fresh strawberries, what can I do with them

vomo2, Nov 20, 3:31am
Wanting something special to serve within 2 hours. Any sugestions!

sooseque, Nov 20, 3:42am
Not sure this would fit the 'special' category but it is easy and refreshing after a meal.
Strawberry Parfaits
2 punnets fresh strawberries quartered
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tsp white sugar
1 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp grated orange rind (opp)
Mint sprigs for garnish
In a bowl combine strawberries, sugars, mix well and stand until the sugars dissolve and strawberries release their juices, stirring occasionally - about 20 min. In another bowl combine yoghurt, sour cream and orange rind, spoon one third of berries into 4 parfait glasses dividing equally, top with 2 tablespoons of yoghurt mix. Repeat with another layer of each, spoon remaining berry mix over, top with a tablespoon yoghurt mix, decorate with whole berries and mint sprigs, chill or serve straight away.

lythande1, Nov 20, 4:33am
Eat them as is.

elliehen, Nov 20, 4:44am
There's one hour left.you could half-dip them in dark chocolate and have yoghurt or whipped cream on the side.

valentino, Nov 20, 4:58am
With just over an half hour to go and still done nothing.

Still the best as they are.

one can cut them in half lengthwise, sift a wee bit of icing sugar then a dab of whipped cream then with a sprinkle of finely grated choc.
Then served with a slice of Viennetta which can still get qucikly.

valentino, Nov 20, 7:23am
Welllllll, what did you end up doing, Cheers

samanya, Nov 20, 7:51am
That's my fave .with just a hint of balsamic vinegar added & let them 'fuse' for 30 minutes or so .yummy.

wheelz, Nov 20, 7:59am
Have heard that black pepper goes really well with strawberries, sounds odd to me. Anyone tried them this way!

carlosjackal, Nov 20, 9:17am
Yes I have heard of that.and also Tartaric Acid on rock Melon.