Guide camp, need to provide dessert for 15 girls

amanda_simonp, Nov 14, 8:59pm
anyone any ideas of what I could make please!
Had thought about doing chocolate eclairs!But maybe there is something easier out there!
Many thanks

herself, Nov 14, 9:30pm
Do you have to make and take or are there reasonable cooking facilities!This will make a huge difference as to what I would suggest.

red2, Nov 14, 9:53pm
A healthier option would be a fruit crumble

kuaka, Nov 14, 10:02pm
They are probably going to be quite active while they are there - they're also possibly not too interested in "healthy" and would prefer a treat of some sort.Don't know what, but I'll think about it.

huia991, Nov 14, 10:10pm
Is it indoor or outdoor!
Where abouts are you from!
I have done chocolate puddings in oven bags that I have done as boil in the bag in large pots - using cake mixes and adding caramello chocolate squares.Have also microwaved these.
Have done cheesecakes using cheese cake mixes - made a crumb base with biscuits & butter and then done a cheesecake mix on top.
Have you checked out wholesale places to see what they have.
How about a banoffee sponge - get a large sponge, spread it with the Highlander Caramel, then put bananas ontop and then add cream ontop of that. (or reverse the order of the cream and bananas.
What about making some apple pies with pastry sheets and cooked apple (could cook your own or use canned Apple).Sprinkle a cinnamon sugar mix on top and serve with cream or ice cream)
Could do bananas - split them add chocolate and marshmallows.Wrap them in tinfoil and cook in an oven or over a BBQ.
What about a fruit pizza!
How about supplying ice cream and a range of toppings and letting them do their own ice cream sundaes.

gilligee, Nov 14, 10:44pm
What about cooking THE best chocolate cake as seen on the other thread.

cookessentials, Nov 14, 10:48pm
If you are able to carry and keep chilled, make a large black forest trifle

katalin2, Nov 14, 11:44pm
Self saucing chocolate pudding was always a favourite when helping out at camps- leftovers were devoured for breakfast the next day.

kara101, Nov 15, 3:37am
Ambrosia,take out some large containers of strawberry yoghurt, packet of marshmallows, some frozen berries in a packet and stir through last minute before serving.You can also shave chocolate on top or if rich cut up chocolate and sprinkle on top.You can also add whipped cream as well if you want to be extra decadent.

kuaka, Nov 15, 3:41am
That doesn't sound like a very "healthy" option !

nik12, Nov 15, 11:18am
School camps we do apple crumble with ice cream, it goes down really well.You can buy big bags of already cooked apple slices at new world.Do it in a roasting dish. so easy.

greenforde, Nov 15, 3:48pm
Fruit kebabs with marshmallows or choc added

duckmoon, Nov 15, 7:34pm
Do you need to send it with your daughter.
Or do you need to provide the ingredients for the girls to cook it
or will you be there cooking (and if so, what equipment do you have)!

two cakes.

duckmoon, Nov 15, 7:35pm
make your own ice cream sundae

pheebs1, Nov 15, 7:59pm
hooksies cake feeds about 50! so its a winner in my book
you can always have a hot choc fudge sauce to heat and pour over with ice cream then theres no need for a hot dessert as such
otherwise a self saucing pud in a crockpotwould be great too
put it on when your getting dinner ready say about 3-4 ish and its ready by 6
there is a great recipe for it on here too!

shellbell13, Nov 17, 2:53am
How about an apple pizza crumble.Same as an apple crumble but you make a pastry and put on pizza tray and top.I have also done it with apricots or peaches.I often use the big cans and puree them.Pretty easy and cheap to do.It feeds quite a lot of people.Serve with ice cream or custard or both.

minfo, Nov 17, 7:15am
cookessentials.how do you make the Black Forest trifle!

whitehead., Nov 17, 7:50am
kids love this

nik12, Nov 17, 8:45am
Good morning yesterday! Cut a bit of the skin of a banana, pulled the banana out, mixed with strawberry and choc sauce and stuffed it back into the banana skin. looked yum!

amanda_simonp, Nov 19, 8:24pm
wow ladies, thank so much for all your help here.I am dropping her off on the Friday night, and will leave dessert there with them.

mackenzie2, Nov 19, 9:18pm
What about sending crepe mixture made up! They could then cook it themselves and fill it with different mixtures, or even easier pancakes, assuming they have frypans onsite! We always take this when we go camping, the children love cooking their own pudding.

245sam, Nov 19, 10:43pm
Here you are minfo - the following recipe is from an earlier thread.

"The original one I used to make had cherries in it along with home-made chocolate mousse ( hence the name) but I find it is far nicer with the boysenberries which have a sharper, more fruity taste.

I use a deep glass bowl to put this in as the fruit,chocolate roll and mousse showing through the sides looks great. I made a large one a couple of years ago and placed it in a beautiful footed hurricane lamp/vase.it looked fabulous. Now, you can make your own rich chocolate mousse or cheat ( as I do when I dont have time to be making mousse!) Purchase a filled chocolate roll ( Ernest Adams or similar will do) slice and place on the bottom and up the sides of the glass bowl. Add either kirsch cherries or the cherries you can purchase in a jar from the supermarket or the frozen boysenberries,making sure that you poke them into the gaps between the slices of chocolate roll ( it is better to use them frozen as they will gently thaw before serving. You can( if you wish) sprinkle the sponge roll with a little alcohol such as brandy or kirsch.
If you have pre-made a mousse, add this to the bowl. Or you can purchase the Tararua chocolate mousse. If you are making a large one, use two pottles of the mousse. Whip as per instructions and pour into the bowl,making sure you get it into the gaps and cover the boysenberries well. Cover and place in fridge just to let it set a little. Whip cream until thick, but not buttery and spread over the top. Cover and refrigerate several hours. ( it is actually tastier the next day,so make the day before if you can) Before serving,top with generously grated choclolate .either dark energy or milk, or you even crumble flake over the top.

Quote cookessentials (1205 )6:18 am, Sat 11 Dec #16":-))

angels9, Nov 20, 7:10am
Fresh fruit salad