Sponge help please.

freds69, Nov 7, 6:39am
I can make a beautiful sponge but would like to know how people line their tins. Whenever I go to take the baking paper off it always sticks to the sides. Is there a handy hint someone has to stop this happening please. TIA

samsnan, Nov 7, 6:42am
I always grease and flour my tins bottom and sides and then line with the baking paper. Are you trying to tip them out as soon as they come from the oven. I leave mine for 5 or so minutes and then try.

freds69, Nov 7, 6:46am
Thank you samsnan. No I always leave in tin for a bit to cool before tipping it out. Do you not grease the baking paper! Only the tin itself first!

harrislucinda, Nov 7, 7:22am
makesureyouhavethebakingpaperup aroundthesideswetheraroundtinorsandwich

nik12, Nov 7, 10:28am
I line the bottom only, find the sponge moves nicely from the sides anyway, I usually run a knife a round the side to be sure.
Got some old fashioned tins from hubby's grandma that have a lever in the bottom your turn round to unstick. haven't had a chance to try them yet :-)

biggles45, Nov 7, 7:06pm
I do this too.

sarahb5, Nov 7, 9:01pm
I recycle butter papers to line my baking tins - I don't ever line the sides unless it's a loose bottom pan though.The fact you can see the cooked sponge pulling away from the sides a little is another sign that your sponge is cooked properly so I like to be able to see that.Baking paper shouldn't stick if your cake is cool before you try.

punkinthefirst, Nov 8, 1:03am
I never line the sides, only the bottom - and with recycled butter paper or silicone baking paper - whatever is to hand. The sides are always greased well, and floured.