Miss Melicious Cupcakes

firemansgirl, Nov 4, 5:01am
Does anyone have this cookbook! I'm after the cupcake recipe called simply "Colin". Thanks in advance :-)

vampiriousmist, Nov 4, 5:20am
I do :DAm I allowed topost it on here though ! :P

firemansgirl, Nov 4, 6:09am
I don't see why not! There are loads of recipes on here from other recipe books.

firemansgirl, Nov 4, 6:40am
Bump for vampiriousmist . please! I really want to make them tonight :-)

vampiriousmist, Nov 4, 6:44am
Makes 12 Cupcakes
1/2C White Sugar
1/2C Brown Sugar
1C Flour
1t Baking Powder
1t Baking Soda
1/2 C Cocoa
1/2 C Milk
1/2 t Vanilla Bean Paste
1/2 C Hot Water
Vanilla Butter Cream (Ill post this later)

Preheat Oven to 180 degrees celsius.Line a cupcake pan with Liners.
Put all ingredients except water into a large bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes.Add hot water and mix until incorporated.Fill liners 2/3 full and bake for 18-22 minutes or until tops spring back when touched gently .

Cool in pan for 5 minutes then removeand cool completely .Before frosting, scoop a small hole out of each cupcake and fill with chocolate fudgy filling.
Make the Vanilla Butter Cream.
Seperate mixture into three bowls and add green, yello and blue food colouringto each until desired colours are reached.Spoon all three mixtures into a piping bag so that they combine when piped.

Fudgy Chocolate Filling
1.5 c White Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C Cocoa
1/4 C plain flour
1 Can eveporated milk
1 C Water
1 T butter
1t Vanilla Bean Paste

Combine sugar, cocoa and flour in a saucepan. Add milk, water and butter,. Cook over a medium heat,stirring constanlty, untill boiling.
Cook 5 minutes longer.
Remove the hot fudge sauce from heat, cool, then stir in vanila. Allow to cool then spoon into cupcakes.

Vanilla Buttercream

125g Butter- softened
4C Icing Sugar - sifted
3T milk
1t Vanilla Bean Paste
a few drops of teal gel paste

Beat butter and slowly add icing sugar until crumbly.Slowly add milk, vanilla and gel paste until the desired consistency and colour is reached. Add more milk if required.
Beat for 3-5 minutes until light,fluffy and creamy, but still firm enough to pipe.

vampiriousmist, Nov 4, 6:44am
Makes 12 Cupcakes
1/2C White Sugar
1/2C Brown Sugar
1C Flour
1t Baking Powder
1t Baking Soda
1/2 C Cocoa
1/2 C Milk
1/2 t Vanilla Bean Paste
1/2 C Hot Water
Vanilla Butter Cream (Ill post this later)

Preheat Oven to 180 degrees celsius.Line a cupcake pan with Liners.
Put all ingredients except water into a large bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes.Add hot water and mix until incorporated.Fill liners 2/3 full and bake for 18-22 minutes or until tops spring back when touched gently .

Cool in pan for 5 minutes then removeand cool completely .Before frosting, scoop a small hole out of each cupcake and fill with chocolate fudgy filling.
Make the Vanilla Butter Cream.
Seperate mixture into three bowls and add green, yello and blue food colouringto each until desired colours are reached.Spoon all three mixtures into a piping bag so that they combine when piped.

Fudgy Chocolate Filling
1.5 c White Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C Cocoa
1/4 C plain flour
1 Can eveporated milk
1 C Water
1 T butter
1t Vanilla Bean Paste

Combine sugar, cocoa and flour in a saucepan. Add milk, water and butter,. Cook over a medium heat,stirring constanlty, untill boiling.
Cook 5 minutes longer.
Remove the hot fudge sauce from heat, cool, then stir in vanila. Allow to cool then spoon into cupcakes.

Vanilla Buttercream

125g Butter- softened
4C Icing Sugar - sifted
3T milk
1t Vanilla Bean Paste
a few drops of teal gel paste

Beat butter and slowly add icing sugar until crumbly.Slowly add milk, vanilla and gel paste until the desired consistency and colour is reached. Add more milk if required.
Beat for 3-5 minutes until light,fluffy and creamy, but still firm enough to pipe.

Sorry - took ages to type it all out, as you can see !

firemansgirl, Nov 4, 6:51am
Thank you SO much!Can't wait to make them now. Hope all 12 make it to work tomorrow lol.

krazy_kat, Nov 4, 11:18am
Well done typing that all out!

They sound delish, might have to have a go at them myself!

gardie, Nov 4, 5:32pm
For you vampiriousmist (and anyone else who has the book - from FB):
Miss Melicious
ATTENTION BOOK OWNERS: It has come to my attention that my book has a wee printing error for the Hello Kitty recipe, and a number had been left out of the recipe which will make a BIG difference to your batter. so please go right now to your book and draw a little 1 so that it is 1 & 1/2 cups Flour. I would hate for you to waste your vodka! And make sure to tell everyone you know that has a copy ! I have informed Penguin who said they will sort it from their end but I wanted to make sure you were all in the loop x