What to do with cooked cauli

mattdylan, Oct 28, 7:54pm
I have half a head of cooked cauli in the fridge, what is something yum I can do with it! Thanks

jessie981, Oct 28, 8:01pm
Put cauliflower in lefthand message board under keyword. Under date posted put last year. This one is from there. More too

half large cauliflower
300g self-raising flour
100g grated parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tbsp chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
3 eggs, lightly beaten
olive oil, for frying

Method

Break up the cauliflower into small pieces. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, add the cauliflower and cook until soft (if a fork goes through the cauliflower easily it is cooked). Drain and cool in a bowl.

Add the flour, cheese, garlic, parsley and some salt and pepper to the cauliflower and mix lightly. Add the beaten eggs and mix again. If the mixture is too dry, add a little water to bring it together.

Heat enough oil to cover the base of a frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add tablespoons of the mixture, taking care not to overcrowd them. Cook until golden, turn over and flatten slightly with a fork. Cook on the other side until golden and cooked through to the centre.

Serve hot or at room temperature as a pre-dinner snack.

Makes about 20

accroul (311 )10:09 am, Tue 7 Feb #3

lilyfield, Oct 28, 8:33pm
Put on a vinegrette and eat cold, yum yum

Or use as sandwich filling.
Or frittata

valentino, Oct 28, 8:35pm
Just do a Potato Bake but add in the Cauli also, sometimes add pieces of pumpkin as well, a real nice vege bake that is loved by all.

Editing to add that you noted "Cooked Cauli", hmmm - a potato bake is from uncooked but could be adapted to suit by adding the cooked cauli before the final cooking cycle where some grated cheeses is added. Hopes this makes sense. Cheers.

willyow, Oct 28, 9:23pm
A little white sauce, lots of cheese, toss it in the oven180cfor10-12 mins - yummy!

cgvl, Oct 28, 10:10pm
I make a cheese sauce and add 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, a 300gm tin of (creamed) corn to it, then add cauli (also I add broccoli) then into a casserole or deep pie dish and make a crumble topping.
½ cup flour and 30gm margarine or butter rubbed in well. then add½ cup Rolled oats, ¼ cup chopped or flaked almondsand ½ cup grated cheese, pile on top and bake until topping nice and golden (190C for about 30mins).

twindizzy, Oct 29, 12:05am
add it to an adult mash

davidt4, Oct 29, 12:21am
Cauli & Kumara mash; equal weights of each whizzed to a puree with lots of butter, salt and pepper, Dijon mustard if you like it.

frances1266, Oct 29, 1:43am
Roast in olive oil with lemon zest and lemon juice, is delish.