Easy to make scone recipes please.

elsielaurie1, Oct 28, 3:55am
I have one here, my late Mum's one, but she has failed to write how much liquid or what kind to use.it is - '2 cups plain flour, pinch of salt, 2 med. tspn C.T., 1 med. tspn B.S. add dates if wanted. Place on hot, floured tray and bake 8-10 mins 450oC. Make sure the scones are touching.' There is no mention of liquid, amount or type.

accroul, Oct 28, 3:59am
I'd say about 3/4 of a cup.

lodgelocum, Oct 28, 4:03am
Start with 1/2 cup and keep adding until you have a soft dough.

kinna54, Oct 28, 5:13am
elsieI notice no butter!. I would add about 50gms to 2 cups flour.just grate it in, or add melted. Liquid (milk) for 2 cups flour is around 3/4 cup -1 cup (I always like the mixture reasonably wet) and that temp should be 450F.around 220 C.
**See the annabelle White recipe she made on TV the other morning** (Good Morning show). She just grates in the butter, adds the milk,(she used buttermilk but it's not necessary)mixes quickly with a scraper and just plops spoonfuls of mix on to the tray.
Well I tried it and they are awesome.Least mucking around with scones the better.

ange164, Oct 28, 5:56am
And just in case you don't know, ct is cream of tarter and BS is baking soda.

elsielaurie1, Oct 28, 7:30am
Thank you all.I wondered about the lack of butter. Will certainly bookmark this page for future reference.