Nice precooked sausages

hydaway, Oct 26, 5:19am
Has anyone tried the mad Butchers ones. Want to find some decent ones for a BBq. Dont like the hellers ones which seem to be everywhere. Just dont fancy the ingredient list as they contain, beef, mutton, pork, chicken and venison. I normally get fresh sausages from the butcher and precook myself but that wont work this time. Any suggestions thanks

nfh1, Oct 26, 5:23am
Buy good sausages from the butcher and just cook them.I never pre-cook sausages, they get thrown on the BBQ and cooked slowly.

twindizzy, Oct 26, 5:28am
Have you tried Hellers Chinese honey though!

wendalls, Oct 26, 8:40am
Mad butcher ones are good. We use them at sausage sizzles and often get comments on how good they are. I also dont like hellers.

daisyhill, Oct 26, 9:49am
I know you said you can't precook this time but you didn't explain why. Why would you buy precooked sausages! Just buy ordinary ones and bake them all together in the oven. No preparation, no oil, nothing but a baking sheet to put them on. Then you have your own precooked sausages, that you can trust, ready to fridge or freeze until you want them.

bambi58, Oct 26, 10:33am
New World butcheries have a good pre-cooked sausage, I've had them several times, got them in 10kg bags. They were made in Wellington, but I can't recall the brand.
My ex is a butcher, and he recommended them, not as filled with 'packers' as some brands.

hydaway, Oct 26, 7:43pm
Thanks for those suggestions. i will check our new world today but can only remember seeing hellers ones there last time. And thanks for the feedback on the mad butchers ones, may be getting them I think.
I do normally precook butcher sausages but it is for a group of teenage boys and I wanted no fuss. My son wanted precooked but just didnt want to get hellers.Thanks for the suggeston on precooking, hadnt thought of doing in oven as normally simmer. will try next time.

kinna54, Oct 27, 12:49am
Try buying from a butchers. Not sure where in Napier, as a while since I've been there, but are Mitchell's butchery in Latham St still going!.always used to shop there, or Perfects at Marewa!Many years since I shopped there tho.
Here in Palmy I always buy from Preston's.
I bought Hellers a few weeks ago,and for the price was quite dissappointed.

kinna54, Oct 27, 12:49am
Try buying from a butchers. Not sure where in Napier, as a while since I've been there, but are Mitchell's butchery in Latham St still going!.always used to shop there, or Perfects at Marewa!Many years since I shopped there tho.
Here in Palmy I always buy from Preston's.(I think they may possibly supply some of the supermarkets, they do bags of 75 precooked for $25 and are still the best value and quality in the bulk range).