Baking SOS

fairytonic, Oct 21, 8:55am
I decided to make Weetbix Slice (http://www.weet-bix.co.nz/swe-
et-weet-bix-slice.aspx) tonight and wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing.which is how I managed to put the sugar in with the dry ingredients. I'd mixed it all together and was preparing the liquid ingredients when I realised my mistake (I blame my favourite Elvis song coming on my ipod).

Does anyone know if there is any way to sort this mess I've made! Or, as I suspect, do I have to biff it all and start again!

Your help greatly appreciated!

elliehen, Oct 21, 8:59am
I couldn't get your link to work, but I'm guessing that a weetbix slice recipe will be very forgiving.Don't biff it.go ahead.it will almost certainly be fine.

elliehen, Oct 21, 9:01am
Here's an all-in-together recipe I've just found on an earlier thread, for you to compare with yours.

duckmoon, Oct 21, 9:04am
Your recipe will have a grainier texture,,, but will be great to eat

fairytonic, Oct 21, 9:29am
Thank you all very much! In the oven now so fingers crossed.

fairytonic, Oct 21, 11:25am
Well the baking fails continued: I wondered why the butter was taking so jolly long to melt. Turns out I'd turned the wrong element on and it was very slowly melting from the residual heat. Next I only made enough icing to cover three quarters of it and the second batch turned out a completely different shade of chocolate! Lastly, I forgot to line the baking dish. Sigh. Not my night for baking at all. Thankfully my (new) husband declares it tastes delicious!

Thank you again for your help elliehen and duckmoon :-)

tower, Oct 21, 8:15pm
The Weet-bix ginger slice (on the same page) is delicious too!