Fan bake or bake

samsnan, Oct 9, 3:54am
Have always used fan bake for my baking at about 150 175. I have a 17yr old oven in this place we have not long shifted into and I am ready to smash it. For some reason my baking is hardly edible now. Do you think I deserve a new oven! and what will I buy. TIA

carlosjackal, Oct 9, 5:58am
We have an Italian ILVE (double oven with gas stove; 5 burners including a BBQ plate and wok burner) and will bemoving soon - just wish we could take it with us! I'll really miss it.It is a brilliant oven!

shop-a-holic, Oct 9, 7:51am
F & P ovens offer Aero Bake, Bake, Pastry Bake, Aero Pastry, True Aero, three different Grill Modes, Roast mode, Warm and self cleaning mode.

nik12, Oct 9, 7:56am
If you are ready to smash it, you need a new one!
In saying that though I've only had fan bake the last few years, only difference I find is I can do four trays of biscuits as the same time :-)Now that's a time saver!

strebor1, Oct 9, 8:50am
Yes I like fanbake for cakes or biscuits and normal bake for other things. I have a Miele oven which I love. It is a bit small sometimes though, especially when the grandsons come over!

grandma, Oct 9, 7:02pm
When looking for a new oven samsan, make sure it it big enough to hold your roasting dish etc as many of them have smaller insides that the older models.

dianmc, Oct 9, 9:20pm
I look for one with a decent size warming drawer too. To store pans and such in.