Vegetarian Mushroon Cassorole

willman, Oct 16, 7:06pm
Has anyone got a nice tasty/easy recipe for a Vegetatarin Mushroom Cassorole,they can list.I would much appreciate it,many thanks.

willman, Oct 17, 1:27am
Or a Mushroom Stroganof!!Thanks

suzannelg, Oct 17, 3:52am

indy95, Oct 17, 4:05am
Willman, this is a very tasty mushroom stew but I can't guarantee that it qualifies as vegetarian. However, I'm sure it could be adapted for vegetarians.

Mushroom Bourguignon (serves 4)

2 T oil
2 T butter, softened
1 kg portobello mushrooms stalks removed and sliced 1 cm thick
1 carrot, finely diced
1 small onion, finely diced
1 t fresh thyme leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c full-bodied red wine
2 c beef or vegetable stock
2 T tomato paste
1 ½ T plain flour
Egg noodles
Sour cream and chopped chives or parsley to garnish

Heat half oil and butter in a heavy pan over high heat and sear mushrooms until they begin to darken then remove from pan. Reduce heat to medium, add rest of oil and cook carrot, onion and thyme until onions are browning. Add thyme, salt and pepper and garlic and cook another min.
Add wine, scraping any bits off bottom, increase heat and reduce by half then add tomato paste and broth. Return mushrooms with any juices and simmer about 20 mins or until mushrooms are very tender.
Combine remaining butter and flour and gradually stir into stew then simmer for 10 mins. If sauce is too thin reduce to right consistency and season to taste.
Serve over egg noodles with a spoonful of sour cream and a garnish of chopped chives or parsley.

willman, Oct 17, 5:48am
Both of these look good,thanks very much,will print them off.