Simple Pleasures

tansrich2, Sep 29, 8:29am
Does anyone have the recipe forFlourless chocolate cake that was tonights show!

koreth, Sep 29, 8:45am
250g best quality dark chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp brandy
2 tbsp black coffee
200g butter chopped
1 cup castor sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups ground almonds
6 eggs separated
Preheat oven to 170.LIne the base and sides of 23cm diameter springform cake tin with baking paper.

Combine choclate brandy and coffee in a large bowl over a pot of boiling water, stirring as the chocolate melts.Add butter, sugar and vanilla and stir until the butter has melted.Remove from heat and stir in ground almonds.Lightly beat egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture.

Place egg whites in a large, clean bowl and beat to firm peaks.Stir in a spoonful of beaten egg white into the chocolate mixture to loosen it, then fold in the rest of the egg whites.

Spoon into prepared tin and bake until risen and set (about 55 minutes)The cake will still be a little gooey in the middle.It may look a little cracked as it develops a crust and can be quite fragile, but htis is normal.

Cool completely in tin.

tansrich2, Sep 29, 8:48am
Thank you so much for that recipe.I really appreciate it. I have just bought her last two books so didn't want to rush out and get simple pleasures just yet. Have you made this recipe before!

koreth, Sep 29, 8:53am
I actually hadn't noticed it, but am now going to give it a go.The recipe
also says it will keep for more than a week.I made her Mexican slow roast pork tonight - best roast pork I have ever had.Recommend this book best so far - I got it for my birthday I love it.Good luck with the cake.

tansrich2, Sep 29, 9:04am
Wow my family love Roast pork and that mexican slow roast pork sounds fab! I have cooked alot from the free range cook book but not much from the free range in the city. Thanks for the recommendation of the book. it does look really good. cheers

cats5, Sep 30, 1:16am
does anyone have the mexican slow roast pork recipie please

245sam, Sep 30, 1:50am
cats5, in the latest Taste magazine there is Annabel's recipe for Mexican Pulled Pork - is that the one!:-))

cats5, Sep 30, 2:09am
not sure will look ta