Cup Cake Help Please

akl439, Sep 19, 5:50am
Can you use any cake recipe to make cup cakes!Got a fabulous banana cake recipe from MB and would like to try cup cakes.Also, do you need to spray the cup cake cases to stop them sticking!Appreciate your help.

olwen, Sep 19, 5:54am
I'm not sure about the recipe.I don'rt spray they cases.The ones I use are Mrs Rogers that I buy in New World.

whitehead., Sep 19, 6:07am
i do and i dont spray the paper cups,,please dont tell my neighbours as they love my banana cup cakes

akl439, Sep 19, 6:42am
Thanks for that.Just wondered about the spraying as I did some 'normal' cup cakes not so long ago and half of them stuck to the cases.PS:I won't tell your neighbours!

sarahb5, Sep 19, 7:03am
Just depends what sort of cases you use - you don't need to spray the ones made with actual baking paper like the Mrs Rogers ones but the fancy ones made of ordinary paper definitely need to be sprayed.

guest, Apr 2, 8:51am
Here's a Light Christmas Cake recipe that many of my fnierds during the festive season.Ingredients:4 oz (110 g) glace9 pineapple, roughly chopped 6 oz (175 g) red and green glace9 cherries, roughly chopped 8 oz (225 g) sultanas 4 oz (110 g) dried apricots, roughly chopped 3 tablespoons brandy 4 oz (110 g) pecan nuts, roughly chopped 4 oz (110 g) whole, mixed candied peel, chopped small 2 oz (50 g) angelica, chopped small 2 oz (50 g) crystallised ginger, chopped small grated zest 1 medium orange grated zest 1 medium lemon 8 oz (225 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature 8 oz (225 g) caster sugar 4 large eggs 8 oz (225 g) plain flour, sifted 2 oz (50 g) ground almonds bc level teaspoon salt8 round cake tin, lined and greased.Process:Place the sultanas and chopped apricots in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the brandy, cover and leave overnight, or as long as posible if it's not possible to leave overnight. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 3, 325b0F (170b0C). Add the rest of the nuts, fruit and peels into the sultanas and apricots, and then whisk with an electric hand whisk the butter and sugar in another large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat the eggs and add them to the butter and sugar, a very small amount at a time, whisking well after every addition. When all the eggs are incorporated, lightly fold in the sifted flour and salt, followed by the ground almonds and then all the fruit, nuts, etc.Now transfer the mixture to the tin, levelling it off with the back of a spoon, and place the tin in the oven so the top of it is more or less in the centre. Bake the cake for 1 hour then place a double sheet of greaseproof paper over the top of the tin and turn the heat down to gas mark 2, 300b0F (150b0C), for a further 2-2bc hours.When it's cooked it will have begun to shrink away from the sides of the tin and be springy in the centre when you press lightly with your little finger. You can leave this cake in the tin till it's absolutely cold then peel off the papers and wrap it in double greaseproof paper before storing in an airtight container.