OT I need a new wall oven-What kind please.

samsnan, Sep 19, 4:05am
Have looked at some costing around 1800 to 2 grand. Surely I dont need to pay that much for just an oven. Would I get a good one for 12 to 1500! Tell me someone please. TIA

olwen, Sep 19, 4:19am
What do you need!What size is it, gas or electric!One or two ovens!I've been looking at full stoves for under 1500.The ovens are around but it depends on what you want.Some of the ovens are rather small.

It also pays to shop around and ask about the price.It can come down a lot.

samsnan, Sep 19, 4:25am
Just a fairly basic electric oven just a one oven but want fan bake etc. We have just shifted into this house and the oven is probably 16 17 years old and does not have a bottom cover plate. In short I hate this oven it doesnt cook like my previous one. I do quite alot of baking and other cooking.

olwen, Sep 19, 5:24am
I've been looking at a Parmco stand-alone.They have a range of ovens and they are pretty well-priced.

chchliz, Sep 19, 7:42am
We have an Electrolux wall oven, a one and a halfmodel, a couple of years old now and it's awesome.

literacybooks, Sep 19, 8:08am
http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/samsung-60cm-wall-oven-31578.html

We just recently opted for two of these mounted on top of each other as it was cheaper than a double oven. They are great 65l capacity Samsung stainless steel dual fan ovens (two fans makes for more even browning!). Harvey Norman advertise them at $1399 but we re-negotiated and paid $999 from their Palmerston store last month! If you can find an Ariston at $999 or less they are great European brand ovens. Harvey Norman did have some in - browse their website. Look at the internal size. Some look big but are small inside.

ruby19, Sep 19, 7:00pm
I now have a F & P really happy with it, it is their higher price range one, with self cleaning, which I love!I did for a short while have an ariston similar to the above samsung, but had issues with it. Also owned a Smeg, again don't go down that path, trying to get someone to repair them is a nightmare!