Matt from Masterchiefs Cola Chicken Wings

kara101, Sep 17, 6:43am
4 cups Cola
1 cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic grated
1 onion chopped
1 juice of a lemon
chicken wings to cover a baking tray

cook 160 for 3 hour to 3.5 hours till caramelised.

holly-rocks, Sep 17, 6:46am
They looked yummy, but 4 cups of cola. dont think i could eat it!

kara101, Sep 17, 6:49am
Nor me. but thought someone on here would!I am thinking teenagers would die for this. lol!

quarterpasttwo, Sep 17, 7:39am
can of coke and paket of onion soup mix is good to

unknowndisorder, Sep 17, 8:25am
there was also 2T soy sauce, Oven in show showed 140 degrees.(just watching it now)

taurushat, Sep 17, 10:06am
I made them and they were revoltingly sweet

olwen, Sep 17, 10:50am
Is anyone planning on making the baked bean soup!

mizp, Sep 17, 12:29pm
Those steaks looked nice though. Can't say I would want the soup, the cola chicken (I'm diabetic - a naughty one, but even I wouldn't risk all the sugar in that!) didn't fancy the rice ice cream and I couldn't eat a banana if my life depended on it - so, not much in today's show for me.
Who's going home tomorrow! I think Audra.

mwood, Sep 17, 8:21pm
I bought some cheap out of date coconut cream which will be ideal with this plus a spoonful of garlic and chilli mix lol

kirmag, Sep 17, 9:26pm

fifie, Sep 17, 10:02pm
MMmm looks interesting but very sweet i imagine. This is my version of sticky nibbles for the little ones they love it.
Glazed Chicken Nibbles. S/cooker.
¼ cup dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon oil
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoosn cornflour
2 large cloves garlic crushed and chopped.
1-2 kg bag of chicken nibbles.
Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and whisk till all mixed.
Put nibbles in S/ cooker pour over mixture in bowl using tongs toss nibbles to coat with sauce. Lid on and cook. High 3-4 hours when cooked toss nibbles again in glaze lift out of cooker with tongs put on a serving plate sprinkle with sesame seeds grab some paper towels and start munching.
For adults and a bit more zing, You can add ¼ cup of sherry to sauce mix , little more cornflour, and1-2 tablespoons grated ginger if you have it.
This might be a Alison Holst recipe, it always goes down well without being to sweet.

huia991, Sep 17, 11:22pm
I've done a similar recipe to the cola chicken wings - but using coke zero and no brown sugar and chicken pieces - worked quite nicely

jerrytravis, Sep 18, 3:29am
looks comfortingly gorgeous! maybe i'll experiment by substituting the Cola with alcoholic Ginger beer or Root beer.

gsbell, Sep 18, 8:27am
Just made them, didnt use as much sugar and I must admit I didnt really fancy them, but they were delicious, will be doing them again Saturday for a party we r having

lawz_21, Sep 18, 9:38am
how much sugar did u use! tempted to try them on the weekend

mac81, Sep 19, 1:57am
Do you think you could substitute chicken drummers for wings for this dish!

timturtle, Sep 19, 10:05pm
Can you list what you used ! And did you cook it in the oven or crockpot! Thanks

jia5, Sep 19, 11:48pm
Is there a spoiler in the other masterchef thread! I saw a deleted post then a complaint so didn't read any further! I so hate these people who pop in and spoil it for others. Too scared to go in and find out. lol

jia5, Sep 19, 11:51pm
As you were. Just saw the other thread.

karenz, Sep 20, 1:22am
I panfried chicken nibbles in a little bit of oil, then just added 1 can of cola and reduced over a gentle heat until the cola had evaporated to the point where it was just coating the nibbles, it was delicious and not all that sweet, I am sure you could also use sugar free cola.I am sure you could add garlic, soy and other ingredients but this was just fine as is.