Meatballs

lawz_21, Sep 19, 11:13pm
How do you make yours!
Seen a few different ways online. Just wondering what everyone s tried, tested and favored way is :)

lawz_21, Sep 19, 11:22pm
That linked to nothing!
And yes i have looked in search and since there is ALOT i just wanted the ones people preferred to use.

grandma, Sep 19, 11:39pm
Here's the one that Kinna posted when I requested a recipe for entree's.I can recommend them - yummy!
Baby Meatballs
(For 48 Baby Meatballs):
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
2-3 spring onions
1/4 cup chopped parsley
450-500g minced beef/pork.
1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs
1 egg white
1 TBSP cornflour
1 TBSP soya sauce
1 TBSP sesame or light oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
Chop onion, garlic and spring onion finely.
Place into the food processor bowl and add other ingredients gradually, pulsing the mixture to mix evenly.
Using wet hands roll the mixture into balls.
Cook in a non stick pan drizzled with 1-2 TBSP oil
for 2 mins each side, working clockwise around the pan to turn the balls.
Serve on a bed of rice, with Indonesian dipping sauce on the side,or *thinned* and drizzled over the meatballs.
Indonesian Dipping Sauce
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp grated root ginger
2 TBSP dark soya sauce
2 TBSP Lemon juice
1 TBSP oil
3-4 drops hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP peanut butter
1/4 cup water
Combine ingredients in small pan and heat, (or microwave in a pyrex jug,) stirring until smooth and thickened.
Sauce can be diluted with extra water if it is too thick.

lawz_21, Sep 19, 11:48pm
ohh that sounds really yum

naki3, Sep 22, 11:13am
Just made these for party entree very popular!

karenz, Sep 23, 2:13am
I just use good quality mince, beef or pork and not too fatty, roll them into balls, refrigerate for a while to set (because of the warmth of hands while rolling them) and add the seasonings to the sauces for the meatballs to absorb.

dollmakernz, Sep 23, 11:17am
These are really nice
Libby’s Meatballs
Meatballs-500g mince, 250g sausage meat, ½uncooked rice, 1tsp curry powder, salt & pepper, 1 egg, 1 onion, 1 Tbsp chopped parsley. Sauce-½cup water, ½cup tomato sauce, 3tsp Worcester sauce, 2 Tbsp vinegar, ¼cup brown sugar, 2Tbsp fruit (I use Branston chutney) or tomato chutney. Combine over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bake in moderate oven 30-60mins. Baste occasionally.