Help with cup cake papers.

chooky, Sep 25, 8:37pm
Hi cooks, Mum is having trouble with her cup cake papers sticking and taking most of the cake off when peeled. Can any one recommend any good papers I can get her from local grocerey shops. She is 91 and still has lots of baking left to do!

geldof, Sep 25, 9:26pm
I have this trouble too.
I thought it was because I was buying cheap ones from the $2 shop, but the supermarket ones do it too.
Helps if the cupcakes are completely cold before peeling, but I have been buying cheap baking paper and cutting it into squares to use instead.I push it into the tins with a glass, and the mix never sticks.

sarahb5, Sep 25, 9:45pm
Mrs Rogers cup cake and muffin cases never stick because they're actually made of greaseproof paper - available from Countdown and New World (probably Pak n Save too) - $2.49 a pack at Countdown this week.Multix and Wiltshire brands are also made with greaseproof paper but I always buy the Mrs Rogers ones.The pretty, fancy ones are just plain paper and always stick unless you spray them

geldof, Sep 25, 9:48pm
Thanks for that, sarahb5

chooky, Sep 25, 10:19pm
Thanks, I knew someone would have the answer.

harrislucinda, Sep 25, 11:09pm
yesfoundthataswellbutnowleavingcakeinuntillcold
i didbuy abrandmadeinusabutdontseethemanymore

horizons_, Sep 25, 11:09pm
I have avague recollection this was mentioned on NZ Hottest baker. Apparently the papers stick if the cake has not been cooked long enough.Save your money, don't use papers.

angie117, Sep 25, 11:22pm
I was having the same problem, until I started spraying cases with oil. It works.

oopie, Sep 26, 4:09am
I spray my cases with cooking spray.

kimkat1, Sep 26, 8:54pm
yup me too, unless they are foil or made of greaseproof paper.