Crock pot help please

lduncan, Sep 25, 8:52pm
I am living on my own and want to make use of my crock pot but all the recipes are for more than two servings.My question is if I halve the recipe do I half the cooking time!Thanks

jasandlis, Sep 25, 8:57pm
Smaller amounts will cook faster, not sure if it would half.
Why not freeze the difference for another night!

lduncan, Sep 25, 9:00pm
Thanks - I tend to freeze a lot of what I cook.Will do the same for this.

lilyfield, Sep 25, 11:46pm
I live on my own and hate cooking. So a huge crockpot full at the time is the secret. Ten meals at once, freeze nine of them

kay141, Sep 25, 11:59pm
Same here except I don't mind cooking. When I look at a new recipe, the first question in my mind, is will it freeze. I have found since I have been on my own there are 3 appliances which are a godsend to solos. A crockpot, a good sized freezer and a good microwave. Mine is a crisp and grill so I can crisp up roasts veges. Other may have different or more essentials.

lduncan, Sep 26, 1:28am
I'm like you lilyfield.I can't be bothered cooking it seems a waste of time for just one.My freezer has quite a few frozen meals.looks like there will be more going in there.

matuq, Sep 26, 4:14am
Crisp and grill !I'm curious

nauru, Sep 26, 4:25am
kay141 wrote:
. I have found since I have been on my own there are 3 appliances which are a godsend to solos. A crockpot, a good sized freezer and a good microwave.
Also a good appliance for solos to have is a bench top oven.I have one of the glass bowl type ovens and use it all the time.I find it,along with my CP and MW more convenient as there is now only two of us, I don't use my big oven anymore and it saves heaps on the power bill too.

kay141, Sep 26, 5:07am
Westinghouse Crisp and Grill. I've had it a few years and use the crisp function often. I fill my biggest roasting dish with veges and chicken drumsticks then freeze in meal sized lots when cool. I really haven't used the grill function that often as I don't grill food. One thing I do love about it, is the door opens down like a normal oven. Don't think the new ones do though.