1 cup brown sugar
1 grated apple
50 grams melted butter
1 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp gr. cloves
11/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice.
1/2 a cup of Brandy
Mix together well , cover , I mix this up a few times, as it matures. You can pop in into the fridge or leave it in a dark cool place.
Enjoy.

lx4000, Sep 20, 11:11pm
how long does it last. Or is that a silly question with the brandy in it!

pickles7, Sep 20, 11:25pm
I have had some left over from last Christmas in my fridge all year, it is fine.
I use suet, if I have it, in preference to butter.

pickles7, Sep 20, 11:52pm
You could make this pastry too and freeze it for the mince pie's

sweet pastryandtin glide
great for all cake slices, and tarts
cream
450 grams butter,
450 gramssugar.
add 2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs, 1 at a time.
sift and add 900 grams of flour with
4 tsp baking powder and add.
Chill pastry well. knead roll and use a quarter at a time.
This pastry freezes well, raw or cooked.

to use from frozen. thaw, knead, roll, use. it is way easier to wok with from frozen.

tin glide.stops cakes from sticking to the tins.
melt 4ozs of fat [kremelta] is fine.add
1oz of vege oil, stir in
2 ozs flour. mix well.
keep out of the fridge, in a cool place. You may need to melt and stir a bit to use.
paint onto tins with a paint brush. Will have the opposite effect if you use, all oil.

lurtz, Sep 20, 11:57pm
I make mine a year or two ahead, and it keeps very well. The brew that I make this year will be leftmaturing at the back of a dark and cool cupboard until next year. I always slosh in lots of rum or brandy ( we like rum but others like brandy). Like you pickles7 I use suet, and I turn the sealed containers upside down periodically, to ensure the rum is well distributed.It's an old recipe I use, and the original had a small amount of finely minced lean rump or fillet in it. I thought that was interesting, so I have made it with beef in it in the past, and it was very nice. The amount of beef was negligible so it didn't taste 'meaty' at all. Just extra rich and mellow. I don't include the beefwhen I am preserving it for a lengthy period though:-)

pickles7, Sep 21, 12:02am
yes suet is better, I don't melt the suet, I guess that needed to be said. I take a bit for grated in here. As really really think people who cook, are not stupid. Then there will be the, new cook, who doesn't.